GLWC Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just to let you all know that you're welcome to join us.

EVENT:
GLWC Spring Meet and Greet
Date: April 27-29, 2012

Gilboa Quarry
3763 Old St. Rt. 224
Ottawa, Ohio 45875
Phone: (419) 456-3300

For anyone new wishing to attend...
1.) Everyone is welcome. This is a great event to meet other local divers. Many of the group get together and make plans (or firm up plans) for charter events for this years dive season at this event. Typically divers start showing up at the quarry around noon on Friday the 27th. For those that have the proper trained, there is often an early afternoon deep dive planned.

2.) Mike reserves back turn around at the quarry for the group. This is were we have the "buffet" and also the evening camp fires. There are a few areas that are yearly reserved for GTXL1200's camper, MittenDiver's trailer, and Smith's camper. Other than that, there are areas for others to camp in that area as well. If you are looking for someone, that's probably where they are (or at least a good place to start looking!).

3.) Many people camp at Gilboa for the weekend event. As stated above, there is room to camp in the turnaround, or many camp in the sites around the quarry. For those we need electric, Mike has camp sites with electric by the office. In the past others have grouped up as well and rented the apartment, cottage, or bunkhouse.

4.) Denny (Barracuda2) has Mike bring back a stack of wood so we can have campfires/bonfires on Friday night and Saturday night. We ask for donations to help cover the costs of the wood. Donations can be made directly to Denny or can be paid at the office. Just tell the office it is for the GLWC firewood.

5.) Typically (although not required) everyone brings a dish to pass for the different meals. We normally have the following group meals:
1470 North Perry Street​
Ottawa, OH 45875​
(419) 523-6458​
  • Saturday Morning
  • Saturday Afternoon (this tends to be the biggest event of the weekend)
  • Saturday Evening (some new stuff comes out here, but mainly it is a continuation of the afternoon grazing!)
  • Sunday Morning
If you have any questions, post on the the GLWC > Meet and Greet site.

Good post Denny. Fellow KPP members (technically, being in Indiana, I fall into both regional forums!) ... come on up to Gilboa and join us for a fun weekend. It's always a blast. Lots of diving, socializing and relaxing. It's a great way to celebrate spring!

I'm hoping to make it this year. It actually doesn't fall on my GF's birthday or our anniversary this year. I've got to go see Grimic (sp?)

You will now be able to earn a "Grimace Head" certification card at the GLWC Spring Meet & Greet. What's really great about this card is that it will cost you absolutely nothing. You must be AOW certified and have several cold water dives under your belt before you can make the attempt to add another cert. card to your wallet. This card will take a 2-step successfully completed actions on your part to earn the right to say that you are a Grimace Head Diver.(details later) Just think of the chick-magnet you will become when you lean over and whisper in her ear, "hey, babe, I'm a Grimace Head Diver." You don't wanna miss this one.
118391d1331594307-glwc-spring-meet-greet-april-27-29-2012-423615_3448101563209_1290798483_33461442_880784661_n.jpg

PS - This is no Joke.

If we do it in doubles and carry a pony can we get the tec Grimace head card? Still hoping that I don't have to work.

If we do it in doubles and carry a pony can we get the tec Grimace head card? Still hoping that I don't have to work.

Actually, you'd have to stay long enough to go into deco first. Since he's at about 97', that's not that hard to do!

Actually, you'd have to stay long enough to go into deco first. Since he's at about 97', that's not that hard to do!

In that case I would have to carry a deco bottle, not a pony...lol.

Just in case any of you Piranhas are going to attend and can make this dinner. I need a count to give to the restaurant.

If your name is not on the following list and you WILL be attending the dinner at the Red Pig, please add your name and repost; if your name is there and you will NOT be attending, remove your name and repost. If you are bringing a friend or a spouse, please indicate that with a #2 after your name. Thanks.

Red Pig Fri. night dinner Count

Denny Wisniewski
Randy Smith
Jim Blay
Michael Lynch
John Choby
Johnathan Smith
John Craig
James Goodwin
Ted Bristol
Wally Burchfield
Jeff Rose