Go Pro Batteries Swelling up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
FYI: My Go Pro batteries have slowly been swelling up over time and had become harder and harder to get into and out of the camera. Finally got it stuck and used pliers and it ripped off the removal tab from battery and the battery remained.

I had to use a knife to pry it out. Called Go Pro Support and they were very responsive and agreed to send me a replacement battery for free. Very happy with their customer service, but they seemed to be familiar with this issue.

So if yours is swelling up.... might want to give them a call before it gets stuck.

FYI: My Go Pro batteries have slowly been swelling up over time and had become harder and harder to get into and out of the camera. Finally got it stuck and used pliers and it ripped off the removal tab from battery and the battery remained.

I had to use a knife to pry it out. Called Go Pro Support and they were very responsive and agreed to send me a replacement battery for free. Very happy with their customer service, but they seemed to be familiar with this issue.

So if yours is swelling up.... might want to give them a call before it gets stuck.

Good call out. Similar happened to my original 2 batteries. When I noticed that occurring, I replaced them.

My original battery (I've kept it installed since buying 15 months ago) finally died on the dive I saw my first 6 gill. I never removed it and charged via the type-c port on the camera. When I did take it out it was slightly puffed (with minimal effort), but not terribly so. I have the subscription and need to give them a ring about this. Thanks for the reminder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom