Go Pro Hero 6 Black accessories for diving and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IS causes you to lose %5 of your image... a small, small price to pay. I've tried 360 videos and they haven't really caught on like everyone thought they would. Less is often best and when it comes to telling a story, the 360 becomes a liability not an asset. I shoot to tell a story so framing is very important and is something you can't do with a 360.
I think the idea is that you shoot in 360 and then choose the camera angle during post processing. You'd never miss a shot unless something got in between the camera and subject. I guess if you were diligent you could stabilize your shots at the same time. Maybe the software does this part for you?

I am leaving for Cozumel in two weeks and have ordered Back Scatter's new Isotta housing. It's about the price of the camera, but it can go deeper, you get to leave the lens cap on, thereby not compromising the waterproofness of the stand-alone GoPro 6 and it accepts their flip filter system...

I have the Isotta and find that Backscatter’s Macromate Mini cannot be locked away when not in use as the Isotta locking mechanism gets in the way. But the 1 filter ststem works with the +10 close up lens and all the filters that I have tried.

The top position on the 2 filter system may also be problematic as the Isotta dimensions may get in the way of the Backscatter locking position.

I think the idea is
Yeah, that's what I want to do: spend more time in processing. Not.
I have the Isotta and find that Backscatter’s Macromate Mini cannot be locked away when not in use as the Isotta locking mechanism gets in the way. But the 1 filter ststem works with the +10 close up lens and all the filters that I have tried.
Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow when it gets here. :D

The best GoPro dive systems I’ve found thus far available in today’s market are made by Hugyfot in Belgium. It’s simply amazing. Why? Well, for starters, the housing for the GoPro 5, GoPro 6 (works with either one), has a large 7” screen that lets you see clearly what’s going on, plus it has 2 battery packs that will let you record up to 6 hours of video and/or photos.

Hugyfot - Vision Hero

I am the first to acknowledge that this system is not for everyone. It’s not cheap, it’s not something many users find justifiable as they perceive GoPro as a toy camera and I respect those opinions. From personal experience, the folks at Hugyfot are committed to precision and reliable housings and the one for the GoPro 5 / GoPro 6, is even better than the one for the 3,3+ and 4. By the way, the first model is still a fine housing, which allows users to capture amazing results.

Hugyfot - GoPro Pro+

There is something about having a larger screen, plus being able to confirm setting, plus extended battery life and most importantly... seeing what the camera is doing or being able to understand what the camera is telling you it’s doing.

I’ve had the pleasure of teaching divers how to use GoPro cameras and the one most common issue I hear from students aside from the occasional flooding of the plastic GoPro cases is... users not being able to really know if the camera is recording video, taking photos, or just standing by. Not sure if the footage was recorded or not.

These Hugyfot housings can be trimmed to be neutrally buoyant, which when paired with built in image stabilization of the GoPro6, it elevates the results well above rolling video with a pole or using any plastic dive housings.

It must be easier to get this in Italy, plus it may be less that what it cost here in the U.S. Hope this helps. Again, not discrediting any of the other products, models and/or suggestions, just sharing what I’ve found to be the best accessories available today for those great little GoPro cameras.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Here is a link to the users manual if you want to see more specific features and details. http://www.hugyfot.com/assets/media/downloads/Hugyfot_Vision_Hero_5.pdf

The best GoPro dive systems I’ve found thus far available in today’s market are made by Hugyfot in Belgium.
It's almost $2000 on ebay. Holy schnieke and it's huge.

Honestly for $2.000 I think it's easier to step up to another kind of camera and relative housing. GoPro is small and even though it's good it's probably not comparable to other more expensive cameras

The form factor is the beauty behind GoPro. Its simplicity is what makes it usable. The Flip filters make it just right.

The best GoPro dive systems I’ve found thus far available in today’s market are made by Hugyfot in Belgium. It’s simply amazing. Why? Well, for starters, the housing for the GoPro 5, GoPro 6 (works with either one), has a large 7” screen that lets you see clearly what’s going on, plus it has 2 battery packs that will let you record up to 6 hours of video and/or photos.

Hugyfot - Vision Hero

I am the first to acknowledge that this system is not for everyone. It’s not cheap, it’s not something many users find justifiable as they perceive GoPro as a toy camera and I respect those opinions. From personal experience, the folks at Hugyfot are committed to precision and reliable housings and the one for the GoPro 5 / GoPro 6, is even better than the one for the 3,3+ and 4. By the way, the first model is still a fine housing, which allows users to capture amazing results.

Hugyfot - GoPro Pro+

There is something about having a larger screen, plus being able to confirm setting, plus extended battery life and most importantly... seeing what the camera is doing or being able to understand what the camera is telling you it’s doing.

I’ve had the pleasure of teaching divers how to use GoPro cameras and the one most common issue I hear from students aside from the occasional flooding of the plastic GoPro cases is... users not being able to really know if the camera is recording video, taking photos, or just standing by. Not sure if the footage was recorded or not.

These Hugyfot housings can be trimmed to be neutrally buoyant, which when paired with built in image stabilization of the GoPro6, it elevates the results well above rolling video with a pole or using any plastic dive housings.

It must be easier to get this in Italy, plus it may be less that what it cost here in the U.S. Hope this helps. Again, not discrediting any of the other products, models and/or suggestions, just sharing what I’ve found to be the best accessories available today for those great little GoPro cameras.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Here is a link to the users manual if you want to see more specific features and details. http://www.hugyfot.com/assets/media/downloads/Hugyfot_Vision_Hero_5.pdf
Have upgraded from Go pro 4 to 7 Black.. and contemplating. Hugyfot
have you seen the newest version ...?
Before I jump in the deepens I wondered if there is an alternate housing other than the plastic one ..or this expensive one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom