Go Pro options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a DIY tray can put it down to let it record and the handles make for good stability. The screw threads are made for standard sizes so can use gopro gear. Easy to unclip the lights and go pro for traveling. Can put them in with my laptop bag along with the tray and handles.

10100.jpg

I built mine out of pvc as well. An easy and inexpensive DIY project.
I had one made of PVC. The down side was gripping it was not particularly comfortable, the round PVC fatigued my hand during the dive. A real handle is much more comfortable and less fatiguing. Also a proper grip let’s you feel the orientation of the camera. Occasionally I would looke down and realize the camera was at a 45 degree angle.

I had one made of PVC. The down side was gripping it was not particularly comfortable, the round PVC fatigued my hand during the dive. A real handle is much more comfortable and less fatiguing. Also a proper grip let’s you feel the orientation of the camera. Occasionally I would looke down and realize the camera was at a 45 degree angle.

A very valid point. In the spirit of full disclosure, I later bought a proper handle because it was less bulky.

Bolt snapped to a D-ring.

This is what I do when I just want the gopro available to take a couple pictures or just in case I see something cool. I didn't like using line or bungee though, so I made my own connector.

When I'm using my camera, I mount the GoPro to that rig however and just set it to record video while I take pics with the camera.

Attachments

• Gopro Boltsnap.jpg
    Gopro Boltsnap.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 85
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom