Go Pro Video Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minion_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been looking into getting a Go Pro camera for diving and im curious if anyone has used them for diving and how well the video turned out to be. I have some friends who have used them for dirt bike racing and the video turned out good on them but they have never gotten into the water with it. Most of the places im going to be diving vis is going to be no better than 30' so if anyone has ever used them in murky condition i would like to know how well you like it and how well the video turned out too.

I have a GoProHD and I use it for diving. The video quality is good to excellent at times. If you do get one I recommend that you get one of the lens "flat fix" aftermarket kits. I recommend the one with the red filter and desiccant balls. I added this kit to my GoProHD and it was well worth it. Without the kit, dive videos will be saturated, and blurry. The kit makes a night and day difference.

WVUdiver1, I have been using the GoPro HD for over a year now and love it for the price. I dive in local quarrys and vis is not that good, but the video turns out good enough for me. It is not going to Profesional quality, but it is very good for a $300 camera. You will need to but a flat lens for it for underwater. There are may posts on here just do a search. Also if it gets dark you will need lights. You can check out some of my videos here and here. Hope this helps you out.

TSwain those videos are really good.

im just looking into this so i can show my dives off to my buddies and family. the info that you all have given me helps me in my decision of getting one. i just now have to save up my money to buy one.

Ive got a couple of gopro cameras and for the price, size and ease of use they are very good. You can check my YT or vimeo channels for some of my videos including some underwater flat fix comparisons.

Unfortunately the quality does degrade a fair bit on the upload sites and the original videos look much better then they do online but they should give you an idea of what you can expect with the gopro.

Marty is correct, the videos are amazing on a HD TV, but when you convert them for online use you do lose some of the quality.

Back
Top Bottom