God's Pocket closed :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm probably the most moral person you could ever know. I just believe that everyone is going overboard with their panic.
Give it two weeks, and see how you feel about it then.

I probably am one of the last people who has the credibility for saying this, but can we all not fight about this?

I'm no doctor, but I do defer to what the medical experts say and follow their advice. As stated earlier, the curve needs to be flattened. The world didn't react quickly enough to contain the virus. I'm not worried about myself, but I quarantine myself so that if I reduce the possibility of coming in contact with someone with it, thus becoming a host myself, and then transmitting it to someone who comes in contact with someone who would be vulnerable. It would be impossible of course to determine that I was in the chain, but that doesn't stop me from taking the measures as advised by medical experts.

The sooner this virus contains, the better, from both an economic standpoint, and more importantly, a health standpoint.

We are passionate about diving. God's Pocket is one of the most beautiful places in the world to dive. This virus is not finished with having an economic impact. But as I said, we need to endure some pain now to avoid further pain down the road.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Any political comments and further rude behaviour will NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Be nice. We don't know what tomorrow brings.

Was it a surprise to you? First world problem. Used to enjoy your photos - but no more due to lack of morals.

I find this response interesting. When I read the OP’s first post it sounded like his main concern was more for God’s Pocket than anything else. Even after rereading it, pretty much same take away, so I’m confused by the “lack of morals” statement.

Erik

I really hope for your family, friends, and neighbors that you come around and realize this is not panic. It's the real deal. Everyone is trying to help with the efforts of slowing the spread or "flattening the curve" by staying home and yet, your worry is that your dive trip won't be going on.

Just for your info, BC is having a really tough time with the virus right now and the people of BC won't be very happy about you coming to their province right now. The majority of our country is angry that we haven't closed our borders to the US yet, since a significant number of infected persons have had recent travel to the US.

I'm not trying to be mean to you @MaxBottomtime and @Merry, but your posts seem to suggest you really have no idea what's going on in BC. It appears that you've placed the importance of your trip over our efforts at fighting this virus.

B.C. health minister to U.S. visitors: 'Don't come' | CBC News
Where do you get the idea that we would place a dive trip over the health of human beings? We're right in the middle of what's happening in California. Have you seen our Mayor's news briefs? Don't make assumptions about how we feel. We empathize with everyone in every country who's going through this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom