Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If price is a consideration then you're travelling to the wrong island if you pick Bermuda.

That is the unfortunate truth. They should hand visitors a large tube of vaseline upon arrival to ease the pain of what is about to happen to them.

Is money a consideration, because we are going in October to Tuckers Point one of the newest and I believe finest hotels there. They have their own dive shop. We got a rate of $298 a night for $600 rooms. Dive shop email is pryserat@ibl.bm and Triangle Diving which was recommended to me by this board is:
Graham Maddocks <info@trianglediving.com> They are supoose to be 5min away? Probably would come pick you up if you stayed near them like, Tuckers Point.

$ not a consideration on this trip....MIL is picking up the tab. Doubt she'll flinch, she's off on a $30K cruise to Europe for 3 weeks at the moment. Pity it's not 6 month around the world cruise!:eyebrow:

We're visiting in late October on the Princess Caribbean. Princess wants $179pp to dive and there's no discount if you're bringing gear. We're bringing our gear and hope to arrange a dive privately since the typical rate for a 2-tank dive, even in Bermuda, is much less. Can you reccomend a shop near the Naval Dockyard?

Hey there, sorry I'm a little Slow. The Princess comes into Dockyard and I would suggest you either contact Fantasea or Blue Water Divers both are in the west. I do belueve Fantasea Diving has a location in Dockard as well ( info@fantaseabermuda.com ) or Blue Water Divers ( http://www.divebermuda.com/contact.aspx ) both are cheaper that $179 for a two tank dive. I hope this helps, happy diving!

Don't bash the MIL so much if she's picking up the tab. I have to fly my MIL down to Bermuda 4 times a year just to keep my wife happy! Ugggh! Living in Bermuda, I can say that if money is not a consideration, than definately stay at Tuckers Point Hotel. It's hands down the best hotel on the island. Brand new opened in April 2009. A number of pools at the hotel, great golf course, tennis, incredible gym and spa, and a separate beach club with proabably the nicest beach in Bermuda as well. They have a dive operation on premises, but honestly I would use Triangle Divers which is a 5 minute taxi ride away. You will not go wrong staying at Tuckers.

Dont worry, MIL gets her pint of blood from me daily 365 a year. One 5 day trip in 20 years is quite a good value for her.

Greetings,
I'll be in Bermuda the second week in Novenber and would like to do some wreck diving. I'll be staying at the Pompano Beach Club. Can you recommend a dive shop nearby and also some wrecks that are not to be missed? Thanks

Pompano is close to Blue Water Divers in Somerset which services the wrecks and reefs on the western side of the island. Depending on the length of your stay, I would try to make the trip out to Triangle Divers which services the eastern wrecks, which I think are much better. Regarding wrecks not to be missed, I would have to say the Dredger, Rita, Pelenain, and Cristobol are not to be missed. All of these are western end dives, unforutunately, so a bit of a treck for you but well worth it. Expect it to take 45min to get from Pompano to Triangle Diving. 5 min will get you to Blue Water Divers, but you are going to see extremely broken up shallow wreckage with a few exceptions.

Greetings,
I'll be in Bermuda the second week in Novenber and would like to do some wreck diving. I'll be staying at the Pompano Beach Club. Can you recommend a dive shop nearby and also some wrecks that are not to be missed? Thanks

BWD is so close that it would be silly to travel all the way to Triangle. Pompana will also take you to BWD in their shuttle at no cost; A taxi will cost you an arm and leg. You can bring your own gear if you want. Diving is still fun with BWD. The ride to the wrecks is considerably shorter with BWD too.

I have been to several great wrecks with BWD, I really liked the airplane out there. It is a wreck none the less ( as we do call it wreck diving.. not 'full intact boat diving') but I really enjoy it. If you are looking for a 'more to see' of a wreck dive just let them know and they will do their best.
Have fun diving :D

Does anyone know of any dive shop on the island that offers bubblemaker or seal team for children?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom