Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No dive shop offers bubblemaker or seal time for children on a regular basis - simply not enough interest. However, if you are planning a visit, simply contact the dive shop directly and all of them will likely make specific arrangements to run a bublemaker or seal team course as they are all PADI shops. The only issue may be one of access to the appropriate equipment - not sure if they have this stuff or if you need to bring your own.

Greetings,
I'll be in Bermuda the second week in Novenber and would like to do some wreck diving. I'll be staying at the Pompano Beach Club. Can you recommend a dive shop nearby and also some wrecks that are not to be missed? Thanks

Stayed there for my honeymoon. Love the place, great food, nice quiet place. Has a little beach area. It was run by a family when we were there and had a great atmosphere.

The locals will know the specifics, but there is a marina that has snorkling and scuba just down the road.

Hello. Thanks in advance for the offer of advice. My wife and I are planning our first trip to Bermuda for the November timeframe, and I was wondering if you could give a recommendation for a Hotel/Resort. So far, I am looking at the Coco Reef, Grotto Bay, and Fairmont Southampton. Thanks again.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Firstly thanks for choosing Bermuda as a destination :)
Coco Reef has a good location as it is quite central and only about five minutes from the center of the isand Hamilton, this also means you wil have easy access to the ferries which wll take you to dockyard and possibly St.Georges (Schedules change). It is located on Elbow beach and tends to have stunning views of South Shore. It is also close to the other South shore beaches by about 10 minutes or less. It is also near the Elbow Beach resort which has Blue Water Divers and they run a small dive shop there thatrun beach dives.
Grotto Bay is located at the east end of the island so little farther away from the center of things as well as the beaches. It is very close to the airport as well as the town of St. Georges, the Aquarium/Zoo and caves. It also has Triangle diving which is an excellent dive shop but they did loose their boat recently to fire but I am sure they will have a boat before the summer and for sure by November
the Fairmont Southampton is further west than Coco Beach and very close to Horse Shoe beach which is Bermuda's most famous beach and most photographed. They are closer to the west end which has small villages and then Dockyard which has Bermuda's largest fort. The hotel does have Dive Bermuda there own dive shop but they tend to be the most expensive, they have a dive boat and quick rides to good dive sites. There are two other dive shops within 20 minutes or less which is Blue Water Divers and Fantasea divers in Somerset.

The one great thing about Bermuda once you choose your hotel its really not too far to anything so it really depends if you have a prefence on being closer to the center, east or west of the island. Please let me know if you have any other questions

take care

we're going may 1 & i'm excited! we're cruising & will be docking at king's wharf may 3 & 4. does the enchantment of the seas use blue water divers? i'm asking because i'd rather book offship because we'll be bringing our gear & booking through the ship is one price that includes rentals.

is there anything else we definitely need to see or do on your lovely island?

I'm sorry to hear that Triangle had a fire ruin their boat. My wife and I dove with them last summer and had a wonderful time. The entire staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

I believe Fantasea operates out of dockyard. BWD is a short taxi ride away in Somerset.

I just returned from 8 days in BDA. Only one day of diving due to weather and sea conditions. Still had a great time with the family.

My new favorite restaurant is The Paraquet in Paget. The local cab drivers eat here, so it has to be good food at reasonable prices. Dinner for a family of 5 with desert and tip was under $80.

Hi all, I'm new to the board, but with all the helpful advice you have been offering others, I thought you could help me out a bit.

I'll be traveling to Bermuda in mid-May for a couple of days and staying in Hamilton at the Fairmont (got a package deal). Should I use their in-house dive shop or go to another dive shop around Hamilton? My girlfriend also recently took the PADI course up here and will need to do her check out dives. I assume they all offer that, but if you have any suggestions there that would be great as well.

Finally, if you had only two days to dive, where would you go?

John

Dive Bermuda is a good shop to go with. The Hermes is a great dive. Hopefully that will be one of your destinations.

Hi. We are already looking to 2011, and I'm considering a cruise to Bermuda in April. We would be at King's Wharf for three days. I shouldn't dive all three days as my wife doesn't dive, and I should probably spend some time with her. Could you recommend a good operator in the King's Wharf area? What would the water temps be like in April?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom