Going to Phuket/Phi Phi & Vietnam, need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there until new years last year and we had 5 days just before christmas where it rained (and i mean rained!) every day.

the vis dropped to 5 m as well, so much plankton and crap, we had to forget about photography!;-0

I dived in Vietnam last July and would recomend you go to Whale Island about 60KM north of Nha Trang. It is a classic tropical island and has a great resort on the island (it's all that is on the island) at about $35 each full board with a great bungalow on the beach. The diving is done through Co-Co Divers based in Nah Trang.
My web site has info and links and pictures.

Enjoy

:shark:

Hotel in Bangkok depends on what you are looking for in Bangkok...shopping, nightclubs, nightbazaar, ladies of ill-repute, backpacking and of course cost. Give me these criteria and I can help you out. I have spent much time travelling Southeast Asia. If you do not mind a boat ride I heard that diving Cambodia is quite an advanture.

Seems to be a wealth of replies about Phuket (poo-ket). That is the pronunciation I heard in my over 1 1/2 years there. Go to Phuket from Jan to March. If you are keen on the diving then do a liveaboard trip to the Similans. Hin Deng and Hin Muang are interesting trips too. Phi Phi is good for a couple of dives and also try Shark Point. Liveaboard is best here. Go with a reputable operator though.

Firstly, Phuket is "poo-ket", but easy on the "k".

Looks like just about everyone agrees that Kata Karon area is the best to stay. Patong too busy, too many bars. Chalong is where you find the jetty and lots of mud. For hotels, there are guesthouses for 300 Baht up to luxury resorts for 200 dollars - try our accommodation page for help :

Accommodation in Karon

This years rainy season has been anything but. Right now it's hot and sunny, and even the beach diving is good. We just get a big shower every lunchtime to remind us we are in the tropics.

Diving is best on the liveaboards, but day trips to Shark Point or King Cruiser are also good. Visibility varies all year and the biggest factor is the tides. If you dive around half moon, expect hardly any currents and better vis.

Wishing you all the best
Happy travels

Yes, definitely don't stay at Chalong beach and the King Cruiser is a nice daytrip dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom