Going to Roatan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We went to the big Scuba Show in Long Beach, California, this past weekend, with the idea of seeing all the cool dive stuff, and getting info to decide our next big dive trip.

Lo and behold, my better half won the big door prize on Saturday, which is a 7 night all-inclusive stay for 2 with diving at Anthony's Key Resort.

We're going to make that our wedding anniversary trip for next year, going around late February to early March. From what we're seeing online, the weather should be past the rainy season, and a good chance of seeing whale sharks during that time period.

She's pretty stoked about winning. I'm pretty stoked about getting to go with her. Of course, any time we can get underwater together is always a reason to be stoked.

Congrats! You should have a great time. Scope out the invasion threads for tips on what to take etc. AKR is a first class resort and the island has some great diving.

Congrats! Roatan is fantastic.

Now, why can't I win things like this instead of a poorly-made audiobook which is the last thing I won?
My wife said that what was funny is that, earlier on Saturday, she overheard someone in one booth say they had won a trip a couple of years ago. She almost said, "Wow, you mean someone actually wins those?"

Congratulations! Roatan is the reason I dive.

We'd done a few resort courses in Cancun, Cuba, and Australia. Meh. Then we did a 2 week trip to Roatan, and did the Scuba Diver course there on a whim. We ended up going back 2 years later for another 2 weeks, and did 12 dives. I'm going to Thailand this year. But I think I've been spoiled after Roatan. "What do you mean the dive site is more than 10 minutes away?"

Congratulations! Roatan is the reason I dive.

We'd done a few resort courses in Cancun, Cuba, and Australia. Meh. Then we did a 2 week trip to Roatan, and did the Scuba Diver course there on a whim. We ended up going back 2 years later for another 2 weeks, and did 12 dives. I'm going to Thailand this year. But I think I've been spoiled after Roatan. "What do you mean the dive site is more than 10 minutes away?"

LOL. There is lots to be spoiled about diving in Roatan and other places in the area. The closeness of the reef is deinitely among them!

14 days from today Ill be making bubbles in Roatan! (not that Im counting or anything)

Good luck on seeing a whale shark.
They are at Utila at that time - not so much Roatan.

And yes people win those trips, I won one on the Caribbean Explorer Liveaboard and went of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom