Going to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eyal K.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I have a trip planned to Roatan at the end of March. My son is supposed to do the 4 checkout dives for his open water certification while there.

I am wondering if anyone visited the island recently and have any info about the COVID situation there.

They require a negative test 3 days before the flight (same as the US) and offer a test in the resort 3 days before flying back. We will be staying at Antony's Key Resort

Also, any recommendations for specific dive sites that we should ask for? Should we try to do some shore dives elsewhere?

Thanks

Eyal

Your test results must say the word "negative" on it. I recommend you look for the Roatan Travel / Support Roatan Discussion Group on Facebook because you can get the most up to date information there.

As for dive sites, there are TONS - knowing the type of diving you like to do would help.

There are two wrecks within the range of AKR - El Aguila and Odyssey - neither at OW depth though. There are two shallower wrecks on the other side of the island but you are unlikely to dive there with ARK unless the winds pick up on the north side.

Fish Den / Aquario both are OW dives with lots of variety of fish and abundance of coral.

Pobuda's playground (one of my favorite) and the dive sites around it are sandy bottom with smaller coral outcroppings that gives you a different variety of things to see.

There are walls, drift dives and lots of other stuff. Love Blue Channel, hole in the wall (although depending on how they do this dive, it would be beyond OW).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom