"Gold Certification" cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomer68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A quick question - The dive center when I am planning to take my PADI Open Water, states that they issue the prestigous "Gold Certication" card. What does "gold certication" mean if anything? This may be a dumb question, so if it is, I apologize. Thanks

I got a gold card when I completed my Master Diver , before becoming a DiveMaster,...I think it was $5.00 extra...lol...and they even offer a different picture on the card...see ya` under

An SSI gold card means you have over 500 logged dives.
Rick

Hmmm, I think they meant you will pay a lot of gold to get that c=card. Oh, wait a minute... that's a different dive agency that uses the same initials, PADI (Put Another Doubloon In).

By the way, it has wreck certification as a prerequisite.

Well... I believe that you will get a "gold certificate" if your dive center is a PADI 5-star Dive center. Otherwise, your certification card will be silver. The professional certification (Divemaster and beyond) are black. (Hope I'm right now....)

The Gold c-card is issued from PADI Five Star Facilities, PADI Resort Facilities, PADI Career Developement Centers and other dive shops that ONLY offer Padi certification courses, and which promote PADI programs exclusively.

Eagle-scuba:
I got a gold card when I completed my Master Diver , before becoming a DiveMaster,...I think it was $5.00 extra...lol...and they even offer a different picture on the card...see ya` under

The card color has nothing to do with your certification level (other than the professional level cards) or how many certifications you've racked up to get your master scuba diver rating.

The Gold card is from a PADI 5 star facility or resort center, the silver cards are from any PADI Instructor or dive center.

By the way, don't think that if it's not a 5 star facility that the shop is deficient in some area...all it means is that they haven't paid the money/signed up to become a 5 star facility or they offer certs through other agencies, or a variety of other reasons.

OOPS...I should have read the whole thread before answering...the answer has already been given :)

Thanks everyone.

By the way the facility is a 5 star Instructor Development Center. Appreciate the input.

Whoa, my card is supposed to be gold? I was certified through a padi 5-star shop, and i got a pretty looking card with a dolphin on it. i had no clue they came in colours.

Back
Top Bottom