Golem Gear is at it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well since it got moved to the Classifieds you guys can just paypal me. I'm sure that the good fellas over at Golemgear will send your goodies without delay.

*Floater*:
Hot deals is the appropriate place, but people looking for BCD's may not notice it there. But then again, keeping it in the BCD section would have been unfair to Golem's competitors imo since I'm sure they would all prefer to post their hot BCD deals over there.

I have no affiliation with Golemgear. Hot deals could have been used but I put it where people that are looking for this kinda stuff would see it. That's where all of the posts are placed that ask... "Where can I find a good deal on XXX?" They don't get burried in the Classifieds. :shakehead How many thousands of posts are there in the BCF directing people to where they can find a good deal.

Oh well. I can't keep up with all the politics around here. I just thought that people might want to know about a great deal.

I KNOW two months from now more than a few will cry, "Dang it, how did I miss that sale?" "Where am I gonna find a BP/W for less than $400?"

And guess where they'll post it... :11:

I clicked on the first 35 lb wing picture and started to read a description.. says that it comes with two SS cam bands, I thought!

Jim Baldwin:
How much weight are you using on your weight belt. If you need 4 to 6lbs then go with SS and you won't need a weight belt. If you're like me and negatively buoyant, I'm 6' 170 lbs. I dive in a full 3 mm wetsuit with a Dive Rite ABS plastic plate and sink. I have an extra BP wing with a SS plate that I have setup for friends and this works well for them. If I was in need of a new rig these are some excellent prices.
When I was in Crystal River for fresh water diving this summer I used 6lb, with 3mm full weight suit, when wearing a BC. In Rainbow River for drift diving I was told to overweight (to stay down as it ranged between 6-22'), and used 10lb weight. In the ocean, I used between 10-12lb of weight when wearing 3mm full wetsuit. It was during a cruise ship port stop diving trip (ports of Belize, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya), so I didn't get to dive more at each place. I forgot to take note of whether the dive ops had steel or alum tanks. So if I go to a BP/W, I don't know how much weight I could save. But it's sounding like I should get the SS plate.

Oh, the Golem wing combo did state SS cam bands: "Virtually indestructible. High quality Swiss RiRi zipper. Two cam bands with stainless steel buckles included." For the Oxycheq wing combo, it doesn't say.

Does anyone know if the Oxycheq package comes with SS cam bands? I can't find it in the description.

Torontonian:
When I was in Crystal River for fresh water diving this summer I used 6lb, with 3mm full weight suit, when wearing a BC. In Rainbow River for drift diving I was told to overweight (to stay down as it ranged between 6-22'), and used 10lb weight. In the ocean, I used between 10-12lb of weight when wearing 3mm full wetsuit. It was during a cruise ship port stop diving trip (ports of Belize, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya), so I didn't get to dive more at each place. I forgot to take note of whether the dive ops had steel or alum tanks. So if I go to a BP/W, I don't know how much weight I could save. But it's sounding like I should get the SS plate.

Oh, the Golem wing combo did state SS cam bands: "Virtually indestructible. High quality Swiss RiRi zipper. Two cam bands with stainless steel buckles included." For the Oxycheq wing combo, it doesn't say.

Totontonian, some of that 6# you used at Crystal may well have been just to sink your BCD as some of them are several lbs buoyant even when empty. Obviously that's not the case with basic bp/w systems. Also, if you needed 6# with a 3mm, then you probably need only about half that with a dive skin. And it's not unusual for people to realize they actually need less lead than they've been using as they gain experience. So I'm saying you may end up needing the AL plate for some of your dives in order not to be overweighted.

However, the steel plate combo is a better deal, so maybe it's better to get it to either save for later or to use for now, and look for deals on used AL plates/harnesses. I've seen them go for around $60 give or take (sometimes with webbing) on www.thedecostop.com .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom