Golfball diving job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ballhunter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For serious consideration in diving for golfballs, contact me more about positions available ASAP in Texas, Louisiana, or Georgia

You must provide basic equipment but hookah system(can be viewed at www.supersnorkel.com) is a must and own vehicle(prefer pickup truck or van) to travel to golf courses to dive for balls. Camping is part of job.

Team divers are recommended.

ballhunter:
For serious consideration in diving for golfballs, contact me more about positions available ASAP in Texas, Louisiana, or Georgia

You must provide basic equipment but hookah system(can be viewed at www.supersnorkel.com) is a must and own vehicle(prefer pickup truck or van) to travel to golf courses to dive for balls. Camping is part of job.

Team divers are recommended.

Sounds like a real plum job.

My vehicle, my hookah, all-day diving in shallow, murky water full of pesticides, fertilizer and alligator poop, then sleep outdoors with the bugs.

What could be better?

So what is it exactly that you provide, besides a list of golf courses?

Terry

I agree with the monkey. What would a person need you for? I guess once I collect all these balls you want me to drive or mail them to you? A $3+ bucks per gallon it sounds to me like something someone would want to consider as a career change. :D

Golf ball divers are independent contractors. They are resonsible for their own safety. I have read some articles about divers that make very serious money doing this.

TwoBit

D_O_H:
I can't imagine golf ball diving in Louisiana is the greatest right now.
I know new orleans is out of question.. there are many courses in shrevport, baton rouge, alexanderia and beyond do need work to maintain diving for balls.

rmediver2002:
Any diver can be a subcontractor, as long as they as the subcontractor carry the required liability and workmens compensation insurance.

Any diving operation (when diving as a condition of emplyoment) must be conducted in compliance with the OSHA commercial diving regulations.

letter of clarification for subcontracted divers:

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=21454

I dont need commerical diving regulation to be used for golfball diving conductions. Diving for balls is real simple if understood how to find balls. most golf courses' ponds are shallow no more than 5 to 15 feet with average 7/8 feet deep. I carry liability coverage so subcontractors will be protected under me. Workmen comepensation insurance is optional. I dont require that.

Back
Top Bottom