Golfball diving job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He is offering a lot!! First, go ahead and try to find contracts with courses. You may find enough to last about a week. That makes the next 51 weeks pretty tough. Next, if you were able to find enough contracts to keep yourself busy for the year, what are you going to do with half a million balls? These contractors have buyers for large numbers of balls.

Contractors like this put in many hours and thousands of dollars getting contracts with the courses. Once they get too many courses to dive themselves, they subcontract the work out to someone else. In doing so, the subcontractor gets work without the headache of finding contracts and buyers, and the contractor makes a few cents per ball for his work in setting up everything up.

Lots of businesses work this way!!

bikefox:
He is offering a lot!! First, go ahead and try to find contracts with courses. You may find enough to last about a week.
It's easy to get contracts. All I would need to do is make them a better deal.

Next, if you were able to find enough contracts to keep yourself busy for the year, what are you going to do with half a million balls? These contractors have buyers for large numbers of balls.
Put them on a truck and send them to whichever re-processor offers the best deal.

Contractors like this put in many hours and thousands of dollars getting contracts with the courses. Once they get too many courses to dive themselves, they subcontract the work out to someone else. In doing so, the subcontractor gets work without the headache of finding contracts and buyers, and the contractor makes a few cents per ball for his work in setting up everything up.
That's all facinating, but irrelevant.

If I can make more money without you than with you, what do I need you for?

Lots of businesses work this way!!
If you mean by sending people in to do the hard, dirty work, then taking a cut of their hard-earned money, I'd have to say I beleive you.

Well it sounds like you have it all figured out!! Good luck with that business plan.

bikefox:
Well it sounds like you have it all figured out!! Good luck with that business plan.
I have a better business plan. I write software and leave the golfballs in the water.

My point (which I'm certain you didn't miss) is that these "Job Offers" aren't an offer for anything that couldn't be done more profitably without a 3rd party "setting things up", and aren't actually an offer for a job.

It's like telling somone that all they have to do is buy a taxi and drive it and send you some of the money, and in return, you'll have told them where they might find people who want a ride.

Terry

Plenty of work for 45-50 weeks a year is no problem. This year is the best year for me! I end up approx close to 1.5 million balls due to the fact, there are many courses never have been worked or neglected in maintaining the dive schedules. :blinking: Let me know if you want a 1-30 days try-out or walk away , there is no committment involved except sign a contract agreement that you cannot held me or the golfball recycler liable for your poor job, injuries on the job site. If you don't have a current job, what are you doing now and watch tv and gobble all food to gain weigh! If you want to manage your own crew, that is no problem to set up your location in your area. All I can help train you how to find balls --all you need to provide your scuba certification, equipment, and transportation. That is very simple conception.

Web Monkey:
My point (which I'm certain you didn't miss) is that these "Job Offers" aren't an offer for anything that couldn't be done more profitably without a 3rd party "setting things up", and aren't actually an offer for a job.

Terry

Very true, but not everyone has the drive to this all themselves. Some are more content to earn less and for less work (making all the contacts, transporting them, etc).

Web Monkey:
It's like telling somone that all they have to do is buy a taxi and drive it and send you some of the money, and in return, you'll have told them where they might find people who want a ride.

Terry

If I owned a taxi and had very little or no access to clients, I would find this service very benefical.

bikefox:
If I owned a taxi and had very little or no access to clients, I would find this service very benefical.

:confused:

***MODERATOR NOTE***​

People, this is an advertising area.

If you have something you would like to say to the originator of the thread, please do so via PMs.

All the crosstalk simply puts this thread back to the top of the queue in the Help Wanted Section, which is basically contrary to the Rules for Marketplace forums. So unless you are actually replying to the ad, don't post.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom