Good Bye Matt (SFL Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dear friends, my pain and shock has me at a total loss for words right now. Thank you Jennie for getting the word out to the community. I knew that I could trust you to help me with this awful news. I did want to upload some photos but right now my brain is dead.... maybe tomorrow I can share some of my favorites with you all.... Please keep mom and me in your prayers during this difficult time....
Love to all Mardie

Attachments

• mgb-sunset.jpg
    mgb-sunset.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 178
  • braidive2.jpg
    braidive2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 160
  • mgblvest1.jpg
    mgblvest1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 177
You are a beautiful person Matt. You leave us with wonderful memories, and impossibly high goals to reach for. You'll always be missed by those lucky to have shared time, and thoughts, and water with you. God speed!

Here is my favorite photo of my precious Matt.

Attachments

• DSC_5403a.jpg
    DSC_5403a.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 255
This comes as a great shock. MB and I were fortunate enough to have befriended Matt. Through Matt we got to know Mardie. Mardie- you have my deepest sympathies and if there is anything I can do for you or Matt's mom please call on me.

We all did some good diving together. We shared the requisite apres dive Mexican meals that just went on and on. Last 4th of July, MB, me, Mardie, Matt and our mothers all had a tailgate party at FAU to watch the the fireworks. Last T-Day a group of us (including Matt and Mardie) got together and did our annual dive and then went back to our house and shared a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. It was wonderful being with friends and it is so sad to lose a friend.

Matt, may you find calm seas on an endless and eternal reef.

Joanne

Oh no!!!!!!

This is shocking.

Matt, I had a great time meeting you last year.

I will pray for you and your family.

Hope to see you somewhere, sometime again

Mania

My deepest condolences to Matt's family and friends. How heartbreaking.

I felt very close to Matt. From the emails, pm's, time at the megadives,...
Just to think of it makes me want to break down and cry. I cannot begin to imagine how the family feels. Mardi,... if you need ANYTHING, call us 352 395 6536. That goes out to ALL his friends and family. This megadive, he will be sorely missed! I hereby commit to having a trebuchet at EVERY megadive in his honor! (Opens the 4-drawer file cabinet full of plans) Mardi, I hope to see you at the megadive April Fool's Weekend.
Scubafool and Jenny, THX for getting the news to us. I'm off to the woodshop for some recovery. Condolences to all.
I'll be compiling a memorial collage. Send any pix you can find, please.
Love to all. I'll miss you buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom