Good Bye Matt (SFL Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt was a good friend. Not only to me, but to many in the SE FL dive community. His low key & unassuming presence will be greatly missed. From his bear hugs, to his stories & conversation, to his mango brownies, to his thoughtfulnesses, & all the help that he quietly gave everyone who needed it- he leaves us all with wonderful memories. He was one of my very favorite people to dive with & his photographs were a joy to see. We'd come back from what I thought was an average dive & he would send me pictures that proved to me that he saw the beauty of God's creation with a keener eye than most. I will miss Matt more than anyone will know.

Mardi, my prayers are with you & Matt's mom.

I also am shocked and saddened !!!

My prayers , of course ...

Jean

I never knew Matt, but it's a tragic loss. I can see how much he impacted all of your lives, and I pray for comfort and peace for his family from our merciful God. Rest in His arms, Matt.

Very sad news, although I didn't know Matt it appears many of you did, I am sorry for your loss and my condolences to all his family and many friends.

Everyone who attended Invade the Keys or any of several other SB get togethers has had the pleasure of meeting Matt, so yes, lots of us knew him.

Matt RIP!

That sucks! He was a great guy, I did my first Ocean shore dive with him and the LBTS gang, and dove again with him last summer during the invasion.

I did not know him well, but he was always kind, thoughtful, and a fun guy to be around and talk scuba, or photo, or really anything!

I'm rather shocked, he was young...

Matt_001.jpg

Matt and Jenny..

Thoughts and Prayers to his family, and everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him.

It was my pleasure meeting Matt at the Invade the Keys last year. As others I'm very sadden to hear about his passing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Capt Gary

To all my friend, all your kind words just make it all the harder to believe my precious Matt is gone... but please don't let that stop you mom and I are hanging on every word. Any photos of Matt would be much appreciated by mom and myself also.
My sister Peggie gave me two wisdoms. First was that so many couples put off doing what they love until the children are grown or until retirement and end up dying before they have done anything that makes life wonderful. For Matt and I... we lived life. Everyday we did something we loved,including SCUBA diving, kayaking, camping and what we both did most often...photography above and below the surface.
Every day we had tea together... lunch together... and shared a kiss on the Administration Building stairs. All around campus you could set your clocks by our 2PM kiss! We made a promise two years ago that every red light we stopped at we would share a kiss and he never forgot to do it! So I am grateful to have had him to LIVE LIFE with... not just to be with.

Matt’s brothers Churchill and Rob will be coming in this weekend as will two and hopefully more of my sisters to celebrate Matt’s life. We would love for all who felt touched by him to join us. Early plans are for Monday Feb 26 around 7PM at a place to be announced. By the way any ideas where we could hold such a gathering of friends?

The second words of wisdom that Peggie shared was "What the caterpillar calls the end.. the rest of the world calls a butterfly." Well my caterpillar is gone and Heaven has a new and precious butterfly.....
Thanks again from mom and myself... I love you all!

Oh, wow.....I met SFLDiver, Ithink. I'm really bad with names and faces, but he was either the person with white hair and goatee/beard, or a guy who loaned me some tanks at the last megadive at Ginnie Springs. Whichever he was, I met and talked with him..... I don't have too many people I know pass away, cause I'm young. Some coworkers have dissappeared but none have died. This is wierd. My condolences to his family and to those who knew him better than I did---it's bad to lose anyone you know, but to lose a good diver that you know is even worse.

Sea Dragon:
The second words of wisdom that Peggie shared was "What the caterpillar calls the end.. the rest of the world calls a butterfly." Well my caterpillar is gone and Heaven has a new and precious butterfly.....
Thanks again from mom and myself... I love you all!

You know, that is a fantastic analogy!

The picture from Venice Beach.. where we watched sunset... I can't tell you how many times I've put your full sunset pic up from that day (and some of the kids playing, divers exiting, etc).. that day for some reason has had a real special place with me for the last few months. That afternoon has taken on such a warm new place in my heart.. There is another from the Invasion that just makes me absolutey laugh every time I see it... I'll share it soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom