Good Bye Matt (SFL Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florida Atlantic University is now flying all their flags at half staff in honor of Matt. WOW!That is a first if I recall and it looks like we are still a go for the College of Nursing lobby and gardens. Monday February 26 from 7 till 9pm. Food will be provided so all we want is for his friends to show up and celebrate Matt's memory with good stories and great people.
Now for the news that we have been waiting on pins and needles for. Matt's death is ruled natural causes... massive heart attack. In a couple weeks we will have more information as to the cause of the catastrophic event... Matt was known for how active he was. Not only was he an advid diver but studied Karate three times a week, kayaked, bicycled up to 30 miles and nudge nudge grin grinned a bit :no.
His diet was normally heathly and got regular yearly checkups. And then there was the STRESS..... So without second guessing the final report... my money is on the stress.
Love to all who are reading and participating in this thread. Not only is it being viewed by Scubaboard members but the link is out all over the place for family, friends, Cuong Nu members, Kayuba members and FAU Dive club. Last time I looked the thread had been read almost 2,000 times. Says a lot about friendship!
Love you all and am looking forward to seeing as many as possible on Monday.
Mardie

I'm so glad you got the venue that you wanted. I will see you on Monday evening. Remeber, call me if you need anything, OK?

I knew Matt through the Kayuba Dive Club and have great memories of a trip he arranged going down the Peace River in Central Florida, not to mention the brownies he always brought on the dive trips. Hard to believe he's gone. :(

Mardie, God Bless and we will see you at the Celebration for Life on Monday.

The first map works fine, but I already knew how to find the university. The second map doesn't work at all. I'm sure it won't be that hard to find.

Thanks for the update. The first post has been updated with Mardie's arrangements and Ken's directions.

Sea Dragon:
Florida Atlantic University is now flying all their flags at half staff in honor of Matt. WOW!That is a first if I recall and it looks like we are still a go for the College of Nursing lobby and gardens. Monday February 26 from 7 till 9pm.

The FAU campus police are known for being to quick to ticket. Will it be necessary for non-students to stop and get a parking pass? Or will they be a little more forgiving on Monday evening?

Bob

I had the pleasure of diving with Matt and Mardi with the FAU dive club. Prior to the club I met Matt during a SB dive day over Marvel's back yard. To this day I remember Matt as tehe wildest dressed Diver to this day.
I won't forget it.. Tall man with a tiger Rash Guard with long hair and a pony tail.. Sporting some of the longest fins I have ever seen.
I thought I would never see this person again, until I found out that both him and mardi helped the FAU dive club AND that he was a member in SB.

I will miss having him at our dives, as I will always remember the guy with the wildest Diving suit getting ready to take pictures for us to enjoy.

Condolences to all of his family members and friends.

BobW:
The FAU campus police are known for being to quick to ticket. Will it be necessary for non-students to stop and get a parking pass? Or will they be a little more forgiving on Monday evening?

Bob
I spoke to my buddy in traffic and parking and he told me to use parking garage 2 and I will call the station Monday morning to remind them. :D
Sure helps to have friends when they are really friends!
Any more photographs you can share?
Mardie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom