Good diving books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for some recomendations for some dive related reading material. I am looking for some theory books :dork2: and also just some good reads that are related to diving. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Recently I have been reading the book called Diver down - real world scuba accidents and how to avoid them. Perfect book containing information from many fields of diving activity. I would suggest this book to any diver not depending on his experiences. You can learn from real accidents and then subsequently think about it and learn what was wrong and what you can do better.

The Last Dive by Bernie Chowdhury. Book about a father and son who cave dive and wreck dive together until they meet their match an unknown German u-boat. Good read and gives a little bit of background into diving and cave diving.

A couple of my favs = "Shadow Divers", "Ship of Gold in a Deep Blue Sea"

Deep decent , neutral buoyancy both are very good reads also shadow divers it was hard to put down shadfow divers and deep decent

Recently I have been reading the book called Diver down - real world scuba accidents and how to avoid them. Perfect book containing information from many fields of diving activity. I would suggest this book to any diver not depending on his experiences. You can learn from real accidents and then subsequently think about it and learn what was wrong and what you can do better.

Plus one on that. Very readable book (unusually), but lots of really good examples of how things can go wrong, for experienced and inexperienced divers alike.

Here is a link to Amazon for that one: Amazon.com: Diver Down: Real-World SCUBA Accidents and How to Avoid Them (9780071445726): Michael Ange: Books

Deco for Divers
The best single source for deco theory specifically written for scuba divers

It is very good, but maybe a bit hard core for someone with less than 24 lifetime dives.

Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving
Expand your horizons and see what the Dark Side has to offer

Definitely a good book to broaden your diving horizons - even DIR skeptics like me concede that. Buy it direct from GUE rather than through re-sellers - GUE sell it for about $15, but on Amazon it retails for about $70!

Last edited:
The Helldivers' Rodeo: A Deadly, X-Treme, Scuba-Diving, Spearfishing, Adventure Amid the Off Shore Oil Platforms in the Murky Waters of the Gulf of Mexico

The Helldivers' Rodeo

Fatal Treasure: Greed and Death, Emeralds and Gold, and the Obsessive Search for the Legendary Ghost Galleon Atocha

Fatal Treasure

The Dreamweaver: The story of Mel Fisher and his quest for the treasure of the Spanish galleon ATOCHA

The Dreamweaver

Deep Descent: Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria

Deep Descent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom