good first set of lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrr77

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, anyone have some suggestions on a good first set of lights? I would like to get a "Tribal PaK" because of the Light Cannon, but hate to spend the bucks if I can get some good lights for less. I am newer to diving but don't want to get junk and have to replace it later.

Murrr

are you planning to do? Day? Night? Cave?
:snorkel:ScubaRon

For the daytime diving you should get a 4-8W Xenon spot light that easily fits in or attaches to your BC (since you will always carry it and hardly use it, the ergonomics are important here!). This can then also function as your backup light for nightdives. Models to consider are the Princeton Tec 40, Ikelite PCa, UK SL4.

For night dives you should get a 7.5-15W Xenon floodlight, e.g. Ikelite RCD, Princeton Tec ShockWave II, Pelican Nemo or UK Sunlight C8.

For cave diving you should really get some top of the line stuff and I don't feel qualified to advise you here. But it will probably make the Light Cannon look very cheap...
:snorkel:ScubaRon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom