Good news in scientific publications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nature makes all articles free to view : Nature News & Comment

[h=1]Nature makes all articles free to view[/h] Publisher permits subscribers and media to share read-only versions of its papers.

Excellent news. I often read abstracts, but the actual publications were somewhat expensive for a person with only a passing interest such as myself.

You have to download this program: https://www.readcube.com/

Unfortunately there's no android version. Hopefully they'll soon add a version for the world's most popular mobile phone/tablet OS.

Hey, given what most of us marine biologists make, they are often too expensive for us to read. Much as I love living out here on this "remote" island (surrounded by great diving), I long for a good research library.

Hey, given what most of us marine biologists make, they are often too expensive for us to read. Much as I love living out here on this "remote" island (surrounded by great diving), I long for a good research library.

Couldn't a Catalina-based researcher with an affiliation through WIES access those excellent USC libraries? (At least, as long as the Internet stays up?)

Depends if he's affiliated with U$C as we Cal State povs used to call it out there.

Definitely good news. The loss of my library connections was one of the harder blows that came from leaving academia - it makes doing any kind of independent literature searches a real pain.

Couldn't a Catalina-based researcher with an affiliation through WIES access those excellent USC libraries? (At least, as long as the Internet stays up?)

Sadly I'm independent and my affiliation with USC ended 15 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom