Good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chanly83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was at my LDS shooting the proverbial ship about what equipment I am thinking of purchasing and I mentioned I was interested in Atomic Aquatics T3 because I like their brand and I am looking for something light for traveling. He said that he could get me a T3 for a pretty good deal but he said I can give you a really good deal on something I have in the case. He showed me a new in the box T2x and the only thing wrong was it had some dust on it. He crunched some numbers and told $1040.00 out the door. My question is, is it too good of deal to turn down or is the T3 so much better? He said he could order a T3 and still beat any price I can find. What are is everyone’s thoughts?

IMO no one should ever pay 1000€ for regulators, even for a set of doubles regs.

It is completely overpriced and afterwards you won’t be happy with your wallet lightened.

Hard to compare a $ 1040 T2x price to his secret mystery T3 price.

IMO no one should ever pay 1000€ for regulators, even for a set of doubles regs.

It is completely overpriced and afterwards you won’t be happy with your wallet lightened.
For some people 1k won’t be much money. If you have a lot of disposable income you need to spend it somehow.

I'd go with the previous model (T2X) for $1,000 and find something else to spend the difference on.

For some people 1k won’t be much money. If you have a lot of disposable income you need to spend it somehow.

Yup. I wouldn't spend $1,000 on regulators (at the moment), but I spent that and then some on other hobbies last year.

So is that a good price?
Is the T3 leaps and bounds better then the T2x?
Has anyone used and or owned both?

Look at used regulators... the savings (including a FULL service) can be over 50% off retail... there are deals out there, just keep looking...

Edit... there's a used, but just overhauled, Atomic T2 for sale in the classified section ASKING 700, with the the DIN to Yoke converter (not sure if that's standard, or an add on)...

*I'm not selling these regs, I just hate to see people overpay, and suffer the depreciation... buy used, quality regs, and if/ when you sell them you'll loose very little money...

I've got an Atomic B2 that I paid a lot less than 1k for. It's a great reg and I have no doubt that it will last a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom