Goodbye Fiesta Americana Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbjclj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just tried to book our favorite old hotel. The name is now "Fiesta Americana All Inclusive Suites" and with that a hefty price increase. $543 per night, but the opening special is $271 per night. Sad to say, but I don't think we will be returning soon.

Cheryl

Reactions: Jax
That is insane. That's more than I spend for a week in a hotel.

Wow ! It will be interesting to see what amenities they will have for that price .

The dates I plugged in were November . The website says construction til 7/17

Just tried to book our favorite old hotel. The name is now "Fiesta Americana All Inclusive Suites" and with that a hefty price increase. $543 per night, but the opening special is $271 per night. Sad to say, but I don't think we will be returning soon.

Cheryl

What dates are showing at 543 per night? I just tried it and for some dates in late July it's $383 for a suite with master bed and private pool, which if it's really a 4 star property is a steal. Sorry to hear they have changed and are going to price you out of staying there, but personally I'm happy to have another choice on the island in the higher quality category, it would be nice to have an additional choice beside the Presidente and the Palace. We've always liked the FA's location in Cozumel, but the property was really tired and there were nicer choices, if they've done it up right, we will probably be checking them out, as we've enjoyed their Cancun and their Puerto Vallarta properties, especially their club level categories, which I really, really, hope they have added in the upgrade to the Cozumel property.

The pictures on the website are pretty sparse and I can't really tell much, be staying tuned to the first reviews when they come in and fresh pictures of the property.

Wow! I'm with you Cheryl! We've stayed there a number of times - both pre & post going all-inclusive, but at that price, we won't be going back. Always liked that it was comfortable, clean, convenient for diving, and the staff friendly. Many of the waitstaff had been there for years & years, and I wonder what happened to them when the place shut down. I'll miss the old place.

We drove by there to see the progress in May of this year. There is no way that place will be open before next year, if then, barring a miracle. I really enjoyed the times I stayed there, but at those prices, let the snobs have it.

We were just in Cozumel in May and went by it every day out and back on water side. NO WAY it will be done. Half the property looked like concrete bare holes, the other half looked like it was being worked on, but not enough to be finished.
As far as the price goes.... we thought the same thing with Plaza Las Glorias changed to Cozumel Palace.... and it seems to be doing very well afterall. I bet the same thing happens here, IF they ever get it done and open.

Back
Top Bottom