GoPro 6 FOV adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone confirm if Go Pro has done a firmware update to adjust the FOV when in a wetsuit housing? This was changed from the Hero 5 where you could select the specific FOV during a dive but in the Hero 6 they used a touch slide on the LCD screen so it was not possible in the first releases. Thanks

The most recent update for the 6 is v02.01 | February 27, 2018. You still cannot adjust the FOV when in the housing. Also, the slider zoom resets when the camera is turned off/on. Was told that the Backscatter macro lens would show in wide angle and have to be cropped out. So macro won't work for me.

I purchased the 6 recently knowing of this deficiency. My 3+ works just fine but wanted a screen and stabilization.

The most recent update for the 6 is v02.01 | February 27, 2018. You still cannot adjust the FOV when in the housing. Also, the slider zoom resets when the camera is turned off/on. Was told that the Backscatter macro lens would show in wide angle and have to be cropped out. So macro won't work for me.

I purchased the 6 recently knowing of this deficiency. My 3+ works just fine but wanted a screen and stabilization.

Thank you for this update. I have the Hero 5 and have been happy with the vids and pics from it..I will stay with what I have

I also tried the 6 and decided to return it and continue with my 4 until the next model comes out. They certainly made it less friendly for divers to use. I think the 4 is still very good for underwater use.

I also tried the 6 and decided to return it and continue with my 4 until the next model comes out. They certainly made it less friendly for divers to use. I think the 4 is still very good for underwater use.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking as well. I am sure gopro doesn't see underwater photography as a key market segment for them so it will be interesting if they do make a firmware change to the 6 or incorporate something different in a future model.

Back
Top Bottom