GoPro 6 w/ dive housing - how do you secure it ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjgiddings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Before I really started thinking about my Hogarthian diving system, of which I've been heading that way more and more lately - I had a great deal on getting a GoPro 6...and now that I've done it Im curious how do you begin to secure this thing to your rig ?

Here's what I was thinking.

upload_2017-10-23_11-29-19.png

Any thoughts on your setup that you could share ?

What are you folks using ? I'm not monastic about the GUE system in any way, but I'd like some feedback on what other videographing divers are doing.

Pretty sure there's nothing in a classic Hogarthian set up about all this dangly stuff. Typically would be a no-no.

I have a nine inch floaty stick where the camera mounts to one end. The other end has a strap I wrap around my wrist. When not in use, I place it all in a side pocket of my BC.

Simple, light and it'll float to the surface if I let go.

Last edited:
I use the included GoPro standoffs/arms/whatever they're called and looped a length of cord (think paracord) around it with a double-ended boltsnap on it. That gets clipped off onto my d-rings in the most boring way possible. I've done dozens of dives totaling hundreds of hours and a variety of conditions - cold, rivers, lakes, ponds, reefs, springs, caves, boat diving, shore diving, salt, fresh, etc. I've never had an issue.

I use the same lanyard as well as the Gropro Jaws clamp. I use the clamp as a handle and when not in use just clamp it to my shoulder strap of my BC. Over 100 dives with it so far.

Before I really started thinking about my Hogarthian diving system, of which I've been heading that way more and more lately - I had a great deal on getting a GoPro 6...and now that I've done it Im curious how do you begin to secure this thing to your rig ?

Here's what I was thinking.

View attachment 431905

Any thoughts on your setup that you could share ?

What are you folks using ? I'm not monastic about the GUE system in any way, but I'd like some feedback on what other videographing divers are doing.

Pretty sure there's nothing in a classic Hogarthian set up about all this dangly stuff. Typically would be a no-no.
That’s what I use to secure my GoPro mounted on a pole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom