GoPro 7 Black for SCUBA, snorkel and kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennisrl84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got a GoPro 7 Black for Christmas this last year. I had talked about one for a while and my wife surprised me with it.

I don't intend to do "professional" photos / video's nor do I care about taking photo's of me. I just want to store memories, cool sightings and show friends and family.

What's the best way to get good shots? I bought a clip mount for my BC as well as a floating handle. I don't really want to carry that in my hand and not focus on my dive.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I was amazed at the photage I took with a gopro in the red sea. I just used straps strapped around my left hand. Didn't think about the camera, just set it in timelapse.

Obviously, conditions in the Red Sea are incredible, which is probably why the footage was good.

In my experience, the people who don't carry the camera (or it's tray/stick) in their hand are the people who surface at the boat and realize they don't have their camera any more.

In my experience, the people who don't carry the camera (or it's tray/stick) in their hand are the people who surface at the boat and realize they don't have their camera any more.

If I don't carry it I planned on running a cord between the holder and tying it off somewhere else. Trust me, I'd check on it every 12 seconds, just the way I am. Some might say neurotic! haha

I still may carry it, just weighing my options. I just don't want to dive to take photo's / video. I want to take photo / video to remember what I saw on my dive, if that makes sense.

I was amazed at the photage I took with a gopro in the red sea. I just used straps strapped around my left hand. Didn't think about the camera, just set it in timelapse.

Obviously, conditions in the Red Sea are incredible, which is probably why the footage was good.

how do you keep the camera from fumbling, bouncing around?

Thanks for the tips!

I don't have a tray or stick for my gopro, just a tied bolt snap to the housing.
Clipped to a chest d-ring when not in use, and clipped back as soon as I'm no longer using it.
Would be very impressed if I found out at the surface that it somehow unclipped itself. :)

how do you keep the camera from fumbling, bouncing around?

Thanks for the tips!

Depends what you mean with bouncing around, its "stuck" to the arm, using something similiar to this.

Theres abviosly a bunch of bad pictures. (Think I set it to 1 pic/second), but also a lot of nice ones.

It should be said that priority 1, 2 and 3 was to enjoy the dives, photos were FAR down my priority list. (Think I've seen too many people way to interested in their cameras).

I use this with my gopro7 black. Works great I just bolt snap it off when not using.

Attachments

• BBBAAC54-E4C8-4E44-97F4-0A70B0E692A5.jpeg
    BBBAAC54-E4C8-4E44-97F4-0A70B0E692A5.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 109
Depends what you mean with bouncing around, its "stuck" to the arm, using something similiar to this.

Theres abviosly a bunch of bad pictures. (Think I set it to 1 pic/second), but also a lot of nice ones.

It should be said that priority 1, 2 and 3 was to enjoy the dives, photos were FAR down my priority list. (Think I've seen too many people way to interested in their cameras).
GOPR5346.JPG

Example of one of the photos from the timelapse with Gopro strapped to the left hand.

Back
Top Bottom