Gopro 7 black or other brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sadly my Weefine camera flooded. I am no real videomaker and prefer photos. So I have an Olympus OMD EM5 mark2 camera with housing and fisheye lens for diving. BUT, sometimes this camera is too big (sidemount caves) and then I want to use an action cam to have at least some pictures or video.
I have borrowed a hero 5 black and this was much better than my last Activon CX Gold which haven't been used for the last 2 years. And for me the quality is too poor. Even the 5 black has its limitations, if you look at pictures of a professional photocamera. For video I think it is ok, but Youtube lowers the resolution.
The Paralenz is no option as it has no LCD screen and almost no stabilization. A camera without LCD screen is not suitable for what I want.
But now, is the Hero 7 black the best actioncam at the moment? Or are other brands better? Are there options for 100m housings? Or is 60m really the max? Have someone tried the housing to 100m? (I did with a 55m Denver camera and took it to 122m without floodings for several dives, but the quality was too poor, so I bought the Weefine which flooded on surface last week).

There are encolsure's for the gopro that go to 200m-250m. They are not cheap (ca. 400 euros)
I've been to 35 meters with the gopro supersuit housing, and the pressure on the housing was visible. (the back door was pushing against the gopro hero 5) so I would't take that to 100m.
You might wanna check onderwaterhuis for enclosures.

No experience with the 7 though only with the 5. From what I've read it has killer image stabilization.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom