GoPro Hero 10 Black not charging or powering on. The unit gets warm/hot when plugged in.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My GoPro Hero 10 Black suddenly decides not to charge the batteries or turn on. When I plug it in, the red charging light doesn't come on, but I noticed that the area around the unit, starting with the front screen and then moves to the back, gets warm/hot when connected and plugged into a power source.

It's important to note that it's not the battery itself that's getting warm because the area around the front screen also heats up even when there's no battery inserted.

I have attempted the following:
1. 15-second hold power reset (with battery in and out of the unit)
2. Inserted and Removed the battery while the camera was plugged in.
3. Experimented with different cables, AC chargers, and connecting it to a computer.

Has anyone had this issue with their camera? Thanks!

I've not had this happen with a GoPro specifically, but the symptoms sound like possibly a short somewhere / water got to the electronics. Any chance of that?

Have you tried inserting a fully-charged battery and seeing if the camera turns on that way?

Try charging the battery with an external charger. Not saying it’s the battery but a bad battery might be messing with the camera’s charging system.

Personally I never charge in camera. I have a 3-battery charger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom