GoPro Hero 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backscatter also has a spacer for the flip filter to fit the hero5/6/7 without the dive housing if you are just snorkeling or staying shallower than 10m/33ft.
They told me that, but it is $150, instead of $179, with the other flip filters, so I would pay a little extra to get greater capability.

They told me that, but it is $150, instead of $179, with the other flip filters, so I would pay a little extra to get greater capability.

it comes in the package. it means you can get the supersuit later on if you are staying shallow for now.

Very nice video.
What light were you using, how many lumens, etc. ?

Thank you, Roger. I don't do a whole lot of night diving so while I know there are much better options out there, I bought four cheap $25 Chinese eBay video lights a few years ago. When I bought them they claimed 2500 lumens, which I doubt. This link, which is the identical light claims 5000. 5000lm XM-L2 Scuba Diving Photography Underwater Video LED Flashlight Torch Lamp 647746985576 | eBay I highly doubt it, but it has the white lens reflector (video light) which is needed to avoid getting a hot spot. If I were buying again, I would get a light with a switch rather than having to tighten the cap to turn on and off. With 4 lights it was a bit of a pain.

Just a note... never use a filter when you're using video lights.

What about us lights and the yellow filter?
It depends on the UV light. Although I didn't specify, I was referring to red filters. I have seen a number of people use red filters and lights during the day and at night. Use one or the other.

I’m going to purchase GoPro 7 - any advice on editing program and computer specifications. ?????

I have GoPro 3+ and used to use Gopro’s editing suite but they seemingly have abandoned it and my desktop needs replacing anyways.

Adobe photoshop, and lightroom are the ones that I know. I would also suggest getting some tips from a pro, to jump start: HOME - Go Ask Erin

If you want truly great editing, this person really impressed me at the Boston Rovers Show, and you might be able to see this kind of great classes/presentations in California too: (This is her introduction at the Sea Rovers Show)

"Erin Quigley is a Adobe ACE certified expert specializing in customized workflows and editing strategies using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. She is an award-winning underwater photographer and editor, and creator of GoAskErin.com, which provides post-centric resources and instruction specifically developed for the underwater photographic community. Along with her private consulting business, Erin writes the Imaging Techniques column for Scuba Diving Magazine, leads trips, and teaches workshops worldwide. Amazing Dirty Tricks for Underwater Photographers – This fun presentation will demonstrate five jaw-dropping editing techniques specifically developed for underwater images using many new features in Lightroom and Photoshop. A great way to add to your editing toolbox!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom