GoPro Hero3 announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Apparently there will be a kickoff for preorders and some demo videos released at gopro.com tonight at 12:01 AM, PST. Smaller, more powerful, and built in WIFi. Might be time for an upgrade. :D

The leaked specs look as though they have been confirmed.

GoPro HD Hero 3 White Edition

The White Edition looks to be an upgraded HD Hero 1 Camera that includes WiFi, a new flat underwater dive lens and the new, thinner profile. Available 10/21/12.

• $199 MSRP
  • 1080p/30fps, 960p/30fps, 720p/60fps
  • 5MP photos
  • Up to 3 shots per second in photo burst mode
  • WiFi built in
  • Improved Housing (Locking Latch / Dive Lens)
GoPro HD Hero 3 Silver Edition

The Silver Edition is basically an updated HD Hero 2 camera with WiFi built in, the thinner size and and improved housing. Available 10/21/12.

• $299 MSRP
  • 1080p/30fps, 960p/48fps, 720p/60fps
  • 11MP photos
  • Up to 10 shots per second in photo burst mode
  • WiFi built in
  • Protune and White Balance
GoPro HD Hero 3 Black Edition

This is where things get really interesting. The Black Edition uses brand new technology and boasts some incredible settings, including 60 frames per second at 1080p. Available mid to late November.

• $399 MSRP
  • 4K/15, 2.7K/30, 1440p/48fps, 1080p/60fps, 960p/100fps, 720p/120fps
  • 12MP photos
  • New photo burst modes with up to 30 shots per second
  • WiFi built in
  • Remote Control Included ($79.95 otherwise)
  • Protune, White Balance, Continuous Photo, and Picture in Video capabilities
While most of your current GoPro accessories will still work with the new cams, note that the cameras now use Micro SD cards due to size restrictions.

First Look: GoPro HD Hero 3 - Half the Size, More than Twice the Power - Features - Vital MTB

A5YEciiCIAAk728.jpg:large

full_Screen_Shot_2012_10_16_at_9.01.13_PM_621239.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:19 PM ----------

19754610151251623396919.png

Wow, impressive. I'd really like to try out the 1080p 60fps on my motorcycle.

thanks for the evenning woody, it's sporting some serious specs.

sign me up, visa card in hand and ready to buy the Hero 3, I guess the "white" will serve a price point, the silver doesn't give you anything but the wifi and dive housing included, but give me the 720P - 120 fps to play with and that's going to make for some butter smooth video.

Don't forget the "2x better low light performance" per the slide behind the guy, so that's a new CCD and lower noise.

SWEET.

Merry Christmas Santa! Now as long as the firmware meets the road right out of the box.

I will have the black the day it comes out. Maybe two of them.

White is pretty much a smaller HD1, silver is a smaller HD2 and the Black is the all new HD3 all with a new lens and all come stock with built in WiFi and a flat lens dive housing with improved latch design.

Also mention Of white balance in the silver and black so this should come in very handy for us underwater guys, hope its manual but more info should be out tomorrow regarding final specs. I hope that WB settings also make the next version of HD2 firmware as that still needs to get sorted out but looks like it was pushed out a little early due to the Hero3 release coming along quickly.

Here is a box shot I suspect with settings, 4k is @12p here so not sure which is correct but this mode is more just marketing then anything else in my eyes.

2.7K @30p and all other modes look interesting

All FOV options in 1080p and 720p with all others just wide modes.

076a952aed03931f21c8d26.jpg

anyone know if this will work with the lcd bacpac for the hero2?

anyone know if this will work with the lcd bacpac for the hero2?

I think most bacpacs should be compatible.

Here is the promo video, they've done a great job on the edit.

[video=youtube;A3PDXmYoF5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A3PDXmYoF5U[/video]

Back
Top Bottom