GoPro Hero5 Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JSDIVER

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Putting together a GoPro UW video package for a GoPro Hero5 Black I recently purchased. In doing so, I've been looking at the Backscatter Flip 5 Pro Package with 3 filters and a +15 macro lens for ($179.00 a bit more than I want to pay now). Instead I located a Polar Pro Switchblade 5 with a red filter (15 to 75 feet) and a +15 macro lens for $69.99 at Adorama or B&H Photo: http://www.adorama.com/pph5bswchss.html.
In addition there is a set of 3 - Polar Pro UW filters for $29.99 plus shipping (they do not attach to the Switchblade, but directly to the lens port of the Supersuite).

I was trying to see if anyone has tried the Switchblade 5 and possibly the 3-set of filters and can tell me how they compare to the Flip 5? I only want to buy these once and would like to do it right the first time. Plus putting this video setup together is beginning to cost me, so I'm looking for savings whereever I can. Thanks.

I sucked it up and bought the Backscatter filters and am happy with them. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

I can tell you about the 4. I bought the Switchblade, loaned it to a friend, and he said the macro lens just came out as he was ascending. No bump or anything. Research on internet turns up multiple stories that are similar. I filed a complaint and was sent a free replacement. Worked for 6 months and same thing happened. Done with that.

I've used the Polarpro snap on filters and the color correction is ok but they scratch up easily. Handle them carefully. My gf has the Backscatter 3-filter option for Hero4 and her lenses are much less scratched. I don't think it is that I am rougher on them. Don't even think about the generic red filters you may find for less.

I also lost a few Polarpro red filters because I had them attached with string to my tray for when I wanted to remove them and eventually the string broke. My fault, and better attention has avoided further losses lately, but the Backscatter has a secure way to deal with.

I'm getting by with what I already have but when I need to replace I'll go with the Backscatter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom