+GoPro11 housing; OEM or aftermarket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with the iQsub/Golem Gear/SubGravity housing. Love it!! super super solid built quality its about 3 times ticker than the GoPro brand housing. It is basically bomb proof. I have had it down to 170m and no issues, all buttons still work no issue with the springs maxing out and the buttons sticking.

View attachment 768525

Will all accessories available for the GoPro housing work with this housing (from Backscatter, Olympus, etc.)?

Will all accessories available for the GoPro housing work with this housing (from Backscatter, Olympus, etc.)?
All? I'll say no to that.
I did have a snap on filter that was for a GoPro housing that was a tight fit on the IqSub/Golem housing. Wasn't perfect, but worked. Eventually gave up on the filter and went with software color correction in post production. got better results. Dropping the filter while hanging on a safety stop was another factor.

I have never tried any of the backscatter or Olympus accessories but I would assume not as the iQsub/GG housing is quite and bit thicker. As far as i know the only standard GoPro accessor that fits is the mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom