Got my OW cert, but SOB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, ok, then that does make total sense. I guess I've simply yet to have that happen to me, although I have seen dangling octos for sure. I thought the divers were just being lazy and not bothering to attach them in the first place (they weren't in my dive groups).

I had a brand new octo keeper (one of the silicone double-ended loop style with a big square loop for the mouthpiece) during my OW dives and the octo dropped out several times. When given the choice I did back roll entries in an effort to keep it from popping out on entry but it also popped out mid-dive.

Oh, and regarding what John said about learning to make sure OW students had the octo in place before alternate air drills... I can see two sides to that. On the one hand it makes good sense. On the other, letting students realize their octo wasn't in place has educational value too, and drills are the ideal time to work out that sort of thing.

Oh, and regarding what John said about learning to make sure OW students had the octo in place before alternate air drills... I can see two sides to that. On the one hand it makes good sense. On the other, letting students realize their octo wasn't in place has educational value too, and drills are the ideal time to work out that sort of thing.

Interesting idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom