• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Got my Signature 2nd stage reg today. Questions...

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by TooManyHobbies, Sep 21, 2018.

1. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Divemaster Candidate

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    First, this thing is beautiful! I love the color, look, and feel of it. I can't wait to dive it. One of the first things I noticed is that it doesn't make farty sounds when I exhale like my Atomic Z2 does. Seems like a good thing, maybe the Z2 shouldn't though.

There is a twisty knob and a turny lever on the side of the reg. Different companies turn different ways to increase or decrease flow. What do each of these do on this particular reg? Is there a manual somewhere I could check out? I didn't see one in the box.

Anything else I should know before jumping in the water with it tomorrow or Sunday?

Divingblueberry likes this.
  2. tbone1004

tbone1004 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    righty tighty, lefty loosey on the adjustment knob. When breathing and stored, it should be screwed all the way out. The secondary on your necklace should be turned all the way in to minimize risk of freeflow.

The venturi lever should be turned to + when breathing, and - when not breathing. Can be stowed in either position as it just moves a plastic baffle.
    Lever towards your mouth is + and away is -. +=dive, -=predive

3. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Manual is on their website
    The honk when out of water is hit or miss, and not indicative of any quality or design issue. It's just the diaphragm fluttering when not dampened by water on one side.

4. TooManyHobbies

Thank you!

I just realized that the used tanks I bought can't be converted from Din to Yoke.... Any chance you're getting DIN first stages in soon? Should I just go with the one from DGX?

5. tbone1004

tbone1004 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I would contact @LandonL and check with him. DIN is definitely the better choice to have, but they may also sell you the din components separately when they come in. Unsure, worth asking him

6. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Yeah, I've been waiting on DIN Signatures myself!

7. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hi @TooManyHobbies

I see you just joined and have a lot to learn. You'll love diving, and learning. I don't really understand your last message.

8. TooManyHobbies

LOTS to learn! No shame in that either. Finding out I'm wrong about something just leads to being right.

I just made another post about the tank valves and my 1st stage on the regulator sub-forum. I bought tanks without realizing that I couldn't put a yoke insert in. Now I'm in the position of not being able to attach my 1st stage to my tank.

scubadada likes this.
  9. decompression

decompression Instructor...seriously...

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I’m selling some brand new XS convertible valves with vindicator handles, pm me if your interested

10. TooManyHobbies

I appreciate it, but from what I’m learning, swapping valves on the 3500psi tanks to yoke could be a bad idea.