Got my singles rig tonight!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainhook426

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well after what seemed like the longest 4 or 5 days my rig is here. But I have some questions....

1. How do I thread the wedge blocks provided? Are they needed? Pictures would help a ton.

2. The little button things on the wing for lining up the holes, the webbing for the harness is in the way.... I feel like I messed something up webbing the harness.

3. Can I get better pictures of the harness buckle, I got the paper that told someone to change the ink.

4. How do ya'll keep the power inflator in check? I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

I'm sure I'm forgetting to ask something, but it worked on adjusting the harness for the better part of two hours. And it's also bed time now..

Thanks!

Oh I like pictures and videos a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 432
I just got a DSS single rig yesterday and I didn't have any issues with the rubber pieces to secure the wing to the B/P. Your harness should be above the holes for the wing (at the top of the plate) and below the holes at the bottom. You do have to make a decision on which holes to use to line up the larger holes for the tank straps.

It took me most of an hour to get it all together. Still have to look up a video on the proper routing of the tank straps.

In the stuff you got with the reg were several pieces of inner tube. One goes above the left chest d-rings, and you thread the LP inflator hose through it. That will keep the inflator close to your chest but still allow a lot of freedom to lift it to vent.

In the stuff you got with the reg were several pieces of inner tube. One goes above the left chest d-rings, and you thread the LP inflator hose through it. That will keep the inflator close to your chest but still allow a lot of freedom to lift it to vent.
That's what those are for. Makes a ton of sense now.

The one issue I'm really having is that the harness partially covers the bottom hole on the top of the plate (if that makes sense), keeping me from being able to use it for Wong mounting. So mounted from the top hole the bottom wing locator ends up in a slotted whole and doesn't hold too well even with the wing being dry.

The one issue I'm really having is that the harness partially covers the bottom hole on the top of the plate (if that makes sense), keeping me from being able to use it for Wong mounting. So mounted from the top hole the bottom wing locator ends up in a slotted whole and doesn't hold too well even with the wing being dry.

The rubber locators are not intended to mount or retain the wing on the back plate. Their sole purpose is to help keep the wing straight with the plate until you close the cambands. The cambands are what secures the wing to the plate.

Take a look at the videos on our website. Most of you questions are addressed in these videos.

Tobin

I couldn't view them on my iPad was about my only problem. Once I got to my computer at work I answered all my questions. Except whether or not I have the harness actually routed at the top correctly. I will feel like it's just quite right. The pictures and videos show the harness being just below the bottom hole at the top. Mine covers it. This might also be because I have a large plate VS a medium plate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom