Got my singles rig tonight!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cut a little notch in the webbing where the rubber "buttons" go on my DSS plate... no worries there.
@Hatul... they help secure the tank bands and keep them from being cut.

I saw this bungee loop in Divegearexpress.com. Can I ask you exactly how it's used?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question?

If you are referring to the photo I posted of bungee loop on left shoulder D ring I use it the hold my inflator unit in place. I put the whole unit with inflator hose and corrugated hose through the loop. I can post a picture if you'd like.

If this is not what you mean or if my explanation is unclear feel free to ask again. Cheers.

Just got back from Bonaire for my first trip with my DSS plate and wing. It was awesome. I do just like was posted above and route my inflator hose through the inner tube piece above the left shoulder D ring.

Love this BP/Wing!

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question?

If you are referring to the photo I posted of bungee loop on left shoulder D ring I use it the hold my inflator unit in place. I put the whole unit with inflator hose and corrugated hose through the loop. I can post a picture if you'd like.

If this is not what you mean or if my explanation is unclear feel free to ask again. Cheers.

Yes that's what I meant by the question. My harness came with a bicycle tube section that holds the regulator hose against the shoulder strap and keeps the corrugated hose from falling back behind the tank. It would seem to me that bungee method would confine the corrugated hose to much and make it hard to dump air.

Yes that's what I meant by the question. My harness came with a bicycle tube section that holds the regulator hose against the shoulder strap and keeps the corrugated hose from falling back behind the tank. It would seem to me that bungee method would confine the corrugated hose to much and make it hard to dump air.

I've used both, sometimes at the same time. :) Using the bungee loop on the dring works OK, but make sure the loop is generously sized.

I've found usingthe inner tube above the dring to confine only the LP hose, not the corrugated hose to work quite well, particularly with shorter corrugated hoses.

Tobin

Depends what length corrugated hose you're using, I found with a 16" there is no difficulty, using a shorter 12" it is a little restricted buy comparison but I've not found it bothersome enough to change. Having said that, most of the time I do use the rear dump. In general I prefer bungee, I'm not sure how well it holds up in this application but certainly when used for back up lights it broke too often. I've never had bungee break.

Back
Top Bottom