Graduated from PADI Diapers to TDI Pullups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NothingClever

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, virtual dive buddies.

Currently on the shores of the Red Sea for work but looking forward to getting back home to Florida as soon as I can.

From Florida but strangely enough started diving here in the Red Sea. After nearly clubbing my PADI OW instructor like a Native Alaskan dispatching a baby seal, some kindly English and Belgian folk came along and salvaged PADI’s reputation. Well, a little anyways. I still can’t forgive PADI for their atrocious training model, apex objectives and marketing approach. Take one chapter of information, spread it out amongst five chapters and try to sell me a new course on every page. Sorta insulting. Anyways, I’ve been adopted by a fantastic group of seasoned expat divers where I live who took me under their wing to properly educate and inculcate me with wisdom from their global diving experiences.

I’m a toddler diver still with my little TDI AN/DP Pull-ups. I guess when I knock out the Trimix course that will mean I can completely dress myself, raise my hand to go to the bathroom and climb into the booster seat on my own to sit at the big people’s table.

Since I’m diving 4-5 times a week, I thought perhaps I should join a SCUBA forum. In searching around, I thought I’d join up here. Seems like a great place to hone my blamestorming, lack of reading comprehension, and increased use of speculation, conjecture and rumor in a social media setting. I’m also excited to work really hard on my advanced skills of ignoring facts, avoiding critical thinking and discarding the use of polite manners and such.

Anyways, thanks for having me!

. . .
Since I’m diving 4-5 times a week, I thought perhaps I should join a SCUBA forum. In searching around, I thought I’d join up here. Seems like a great place to hone my blamestorming, lack of reading comprehension, and increased use of speculation, conjecture and rumor in a social media setting. I’m also excited to work really hard on my advanced skills of ignoring facts, avoiding critical thinking and discarding the use of polite manners and such.

Anyways, thanks for having me!

Sounds like you'll fit right in. :) Seriously, though, welcome to SB.

And yeah, we have no pity for you diving only 4-5 times a week in the Red Sea.

I think you’ve found some kindred souls here. Enjoy the Red Sea, still one of the best places I’ve dove.

Native Alaskans don't do the harp seal hunt, Canadians on the other side of the continent do.

Seems like a great place to hone my blamestorming, lack of reading comprehension, and increased use of speculation, conjecture and rumor in a social media setting. I’m also excited to work really hard on my advanced skills of ignoring facts, avoiding critical thinking and discarding the use of polite manners and such.

Are you sure you haven't been here before? You sound like you'll fit right in.

Native Alaskans don't do the harp seal hunt, Canadians on the other side of the continent do.
Trying to figure the relevance to this thread.

Trying to figure the relevance to this thread.
the relevance is this.....
After nearly clubbing my PADI OW instructor like a Native Alaskan dispatching a baby seal
....which was pointed out as wrong, but so was a lot of other stuff in his post, which I suppose was meant to be cute and funny, but was not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom