Grand Cayman East End info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BUDMANOK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
looks like we will be staying on the East End of GC on our upcoming trip. We have dove the north, south, west sides of GC how does the east compare?

Are there shore diving opportunities and a dive shop to rent tanks, weights from?

Thanks

Babylon can be done as a longish surface swim. One of the best dives on the north side. It's done by boat typically. Babylon | East End | Cayman Islands | Dive365 I can't speak to other sites/rentals but the only three options out there are:

Ocean Frontiers at Compass Point - Home
Tortuga Divers at Morritts/Rum Point - Home | Tortuga Divers | Cayman Islands | Red Sail Sports
White Sand Watersports at the Reef? - White Sand Water Sports

If you can't find anyone to rent you tanks, you can get them in Georgetown at Eden Rock or Diver's Supply.

My buddy did some good boat dives with Ocean Frontiers a few years ago - including Babylon.

Last edited:
No one on East End rents tanks for "off site" use...and we tried to rent a BC one day (two years ago) because of a leak issue on the one my buddy had.....would NOT rent one to us at Ocean Frontiers. Don't know about the others, but it seems that off site rental is getting pretty tough to find on GCI.
2nd the comment about Diver's Supply and Eden Rock renting tanks for use anywhere..ER has Nitrox as well, I believe.

Of rents tanks. Check their website for their rental policy

Are you planing on going to the turtle farm? It is not on the Wast end, but is a very popular destination for non-divers. Across from the turtle farm is the best shore diving on GC. Sundivers is the name of the Op, and turtle reef is the site. The last time I was there two years ago it was $15 U.S for a single tank and weights. It has a huge ladder for the shore entry and a very short and marked swim to the wall that drops to 62 feet. My favorite site to dive, and we are heading back in August (5th trip to GC) and will be diving there at least three or four days.

If your out on the East end, I presume you will have a car. Drop the non-divers at the Turtle farm, walk across the street and do your thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom