Grand Cayman: Where to dive when the weather's rough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1gromit

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Hope you could help me with this:

My friend and I are heading out to GC next week.

We're staying on 7 mile and, per some recommendations from this board, will be diving with Wall to Wall Diving.

I understand that the weather can be sketchy right now.

Question: if it's too rough to get to the north walls, and too rough for the long ride to the east side, where (on the west side, I guess?) are the best places that we can dive? What are some sites you recommend?

Thanks!

We also will be on 7 mile. I looked at the weather and wish the scattered shower forecast would change to sunny and hot. LOL

ca1badptc:
We also will be on 7 mile. I looked at the weather and wish the scattered shower forecast would change to sunny and hot. LOL

Don't be misled by the forecasts. "Scattered Showers" is forecast for most days down here, but it doesn't mean what it means up North. Here, it means something like: "Sunny and hot pretty much all day long, with a 50% chance you will experience a welcome shower for 30 - 40 minutes about mid-afternoon." :wink:

We just got back from Cayman. Stayed on Rum Point. Weather was good the first few days, then high winds set in, first from the Northeast, then from the Northwest. When winds are out of the Northeast, diving is usually OK in the 7-mile area and at Sunset House, Eden Rock, etc. When winds are out of the Northwest look for operators who reschedule their trips out of the south side (Red Bay). Neptune Divers did some great trips out of there while we were on GC.

Back
Top Bottom