Grand Caymen which part of island to stay, info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the west side operators are excellent and offer big boat, small group diving. DNS is our go to. Almost all operators will pick up from Christopher Columbus and depart from west bay dock or yacht club depending on weather. Don't fuss about specific sites. The west side operators all go north if the weather allows and will choose sites based on availability and conditions that day.

Good shore diving 10 minutes north of you at Turtle Reef, Lighthouse Point and Cobalt Coast.

There are BBQs at the condo and you can usually pick up fresh caught fish by the old fort in Georgetown or at the dock in Morgan's Harbour.

My dive buddy and I just went to GCM about three weeks ago. We dove with Indepth Watersports. We stayed just down the road from Christopher Columbus, and they were more than willing to pick us up. After the first morning, we decided to drive to the boat, which was about five minutes away. His two boats are relatively small and he didn't have a problem taking just my dive buddy and me out for our first day of diving. Nat was also excellent about communicating before our arrival. I highly recommend them. We did eight dives in three days.

Just got back from Grand Cayman.
Doctorfish, Christopher Columbus was perfect.

Dove with divetech, I am a relatively new diver and the kittiwake was a huge thrill.

My son told me after the dive that he was hoping to see a large grouper.
We popped up in one of the rooms in the kittiwake and there against the wall was a giant grouper.

Also did a couple shore dives, rainbow reef and a dive with stingrays, trip my son and I will never forget.

I have a new addiction; wreck diving

Thanks for everyone's assistance

Just got back from Grand Cayman. Doctorfish, Christopher Columbus was perfect. Dove with divetech, I am a relatively new diver and the kittiwake was a huge thrill...Thanks for everyone's assistance

Glad to hear that you had a great trip! Did your non-diving spouse also enjoy Grand Cayman?

She loved it
As long as there is a beach she is happy

whats great about CI is no one bothers you

I had no worries about leaving my wife on the beach while my son and I dove

I understand that wouldn't be the case in all countries

Thanks for the thumbs up about Christopher Columbus. We like to stay up in the West Bay area but may have non-diving friends with us next trip, so we are considering CC.

Back
Top Bottom