GREAT customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had a great customer experience with SeaLife last week. Bravo! I will be a repeat customer because of how I was treated.

I had a great customer experience with SeaLife last week. Bravo! I will be a repeat customer because of how I was treated.

Plus 1 to that, as I have noted on at least one other thread. They will keep me as a customer.

I'll share, but I don't want people to assume SeaLife will always behave this way. SeaLife behaviors in GREEN show how they value customers and strive to provide good service. Their behavior in RED was unexpected, and I am not implying this would apply to everyone (but it was great).

My Sea Dragon 1200 stopped working on my last dive trip. Here's how SeaLife behaved:

1. I asked for help via email, and they replied the same day with a few ideas and things to try. No luck, as the light was really dead.

2. I asked via email to return it for repairs. They replied the same day with an RMA number and shipping information.

3. Two days later, I was notified via email that they received my return.

4. Two days later, I was notified they couldn't fix it (out of production), so they were sending me a similar replacement.
I expected to owe them some money, which would have been totally reasonable and acceptable since it was obviously not under warranty. Nope. Free upgrade to a Sea Dragon 1500.

5. Same day, received FedEx shipping notification with tracking number

Of course, I'm really happy I didn't have to pay for the replacement. Many business would offer a credit toward an upgrade, others would do nothing at all. But, please don't assume I posted because they gave me a new light. I'm posting because of their constant and fast communication. I was never wondering what was happening, and never thinking that they forgot about me.

I'll share, but I don't want people to assume SeaLife will always behave this way. SeaLife behaviors in GREEN show how they value customers and strive to provide good service. Their behavior in RED was unexpected, and I am not implying this would apply to everyone (but it was great).

My Sea Dragon 1200 stopped working on my last dive trip. Here's how SeaLife behaved:

1. I asked for help via email, and they replied the same day with a few ideas and things to try. No luck, as the light was really dead.

2. I asked via email to return it for repairs. They replied the same day with an RMA number and shipping information.

3. Two days later, I was notified via email that they received my return.

4. Two days later, I was notified they couldn't fix it (out of production), so they were sending me a similar replacement.
I expected to owe them some money, which would have been totally reasonable and acceptable since it was obviously not under warranty. Nope. Free upgrade to a Sea Dragon 1500.

5. Same day, received FedEx shipping notification with tracking number

Of course, I'm really happy I didn't have to pay for the replacement. Many business would offer a credit toward an upgrade, others would do nothing at all. But, please don't assume I posted because they gave me a new light. I'm posting because of their constant and fast communication. I was never wondering what was happening, and never thinking that they forgot about me.

I value quick and thorough communication, especially knowing that I am not the only customer that is probably contacting them given the size they are and distribution they have. That is one thing that stands out to me regardless of the issue. I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Back
Top Bottom