Great dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings

Its been a while since I have visted this board, well at least since I have posted Unforunatly I was unable to dive much over the summer due to work and bad allergies, but a few weeks ago I was able to get back into the water, and wow, how nice it was.

We have a cabin up the sunshine coast on Nelson Island, which is just south of powell river. Never having dived up there we thought we would just do one dive (all that time permited) right out front of our place. Having no idea what was out there we decded to start at one end of what looked like a wall and make our way down.

For forty feet down viz was about 5-8 feet....but then it just opened up to what must have been at least 60 feet, but wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 75.

Around 60 feet We could see white objects in the distance, thinking they were annenomes or something on a rock we swam over. When we got there we realized that they were HUGE jellies. There were about 10 of them, all at the exact same depth, and almost the exact same distance apart, one of the coolest.....kinda erie things I have seen. We proceeded along a wall, and saw many more jellies and a few ling cod, and your usual sea cucumbar and stars.

Sorry for the long post, i just felt like I had to share this..lol

Anyways I can't wait to get back in the water, and if anyone wants to dive let me know.

Cheers, and happy diving

Tommy

[For forty feet down viz was about 5-8 feet....but then it just opened up to what must have been at least 60 feet, but wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 75.

Around 60 feet We could see white objects in the distance, thinking they were annenomes or something on a rock we swam over. When we got there we realized that they were HUGE jellies. There were about 10 of them, all at the exact same depth, and almost the exact same distance apart, one of the coolest.....kinda erie things I have seen. We proceeded along a wall, and saw many more jellies and a few ling cod, and your usual sea cucumbar and stars.

Sorry for the long post, i just felt like I had to share this..lol

Anyways I can't wait to get back in the water, and if anyone wants to dive let me know.]

Hello I live just outside Saltery bay. So i am game for a dive everyday.

We have outrages diving and not too many people ever to slow you down.

Cheers
Derek

Hey Derek,

I can't wait to explore some more diving around saltry bay, powell river and nelson island, I have heard that telescope pass has some pretty good diving..are you familiar with it?

The next time I am up that way I will let you know and maybe we can go for a dive.

Cheers

Tommy

Hey,

Those were likely Blubber Jellies. They are real spooky looking under there, like they might grab ya....

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom