Great news for vintage Dacor regulator owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mksmith713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Trident is making parts for older Dacor regs.
Not sure which models but from what my friend (a reg tech) told me, he can get parts for ALOT of older Dacor as well as many other brand regs.

Great news as long as you can find a tech who will install them (or you do it yourself). There is a good chance some/many may pull the "liability" BS on you because they are not "factory" parts. Not saying they are not OK to use, just don't get your hopes up too much until you find a tech willing to do the work. A lot of parts for old regs can be substituted from other regs if you take the time to find them. Lets hope Trident is venturing into being an aftermarket source of reg parts, this would be great news.

What I am taken at is that Trident is going into the spare parts business, if they sell over parts over the counter on their little racks, works for me, maybe this is just the beginning.

I have several shops that will order parts for me for my own installation, it is kinda, shhhhhhh, when the store is empty and nobody can see, the owner/manager will sell me the parts on the low, low.

N

I have several shops that will order parts for me for my own installation, it is kinda, shhhhhhh, when the store is empty and nobody can see, the owner/manager will sell me the parts on the low, low.

N

Lucky guy. This is the way it should be.

What I am taken at is that Trident is going into the spare parts business, if they sell over parts over the counter on their little racks, works for me, maybe this is just the beginning.

N

Me too, I was mainly thinking this would drive the price of service kits down a lot. No more $15-20 for 3 Orings and a little chunk of teflon.

Service kit prices won't come down due to Trident unless Trident allows for direct purchase from a customer. As long as the LDS has to be involved for a Trident sale, then it will only be the ones who are lucky enough to have a nice LDS who will get parts (OEM or Trident).

Basically, someone needs to find a way to be a Trident rep, then start an online store stocking Trident parts plus reasonable shipping. Then we'll get some viable competition.

Anybody know if this includes the old Dacor Dart single hose second stage? I have one that is still in working order, but it hasn't been serviced since I can't remember when. Not a bad reg, and have been hanging on to it for sentimental reasons, but if it could be put back in service that would be great.

I have two respirators the one unit a 1 stage Dacor 1 with a swivel neck. It has 2 PBD Dacor XL and the other spare is a Dacar Pacer not XL. The second one is a Dacor Balanced Olympic 1St stage with 2 PBD both are 900 Olympic. I can some advice into fixing them I have been quoted around $150.00 too $175.00 to repair them properly with some used parts he has in the shop is it worth it or shouldI just shelf them. Let me know your thoughts on them they are in great shape at least that's my thoughts.

Bring back lots of memories. Dacors were one of my first regulators when I learned to dive in the early 80s. Always reliable and solid regulators. I used to love looking forward to those Dacor catalogs.

Bring back lots of memories. Dacors were one of my first regulators when I learned to dive in the early 80s. Always reliable and solid regulators. I used to love looking forward to those Dacor catalogs.
I’m really debating or if I should get them serviced but not sure if they are worth it since parts are difficult to get for them and Im not sure if I want to be relying on used parts when I’m diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom