Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the information and feedback, Wrecked. I'm all about getting diving, and any club is a good way to meet people and get out there.

puffy:
Thanks for the information and feedback, Wrecked. I'm all about getting diving, and any club is a good way to meet people and get out there.

The Underwater Archelogical Society of BC is a cool club as are most others. Our next dive will be...

The next VT100 dive is this Sunday, July 10. We plan to meet at 10 am
at the shore entry point in the Municipality of Belcarra.

Bring one tank. Bring a compass if you have one. No cost but bring
money for the apres-dive pub. Be prepared to lug gear down a short
but steep slope and a middling swim to the wreck. Depth is about 60
feet. We are not diving on slack but current should not be a problem.
There may well be a fair amount of pleasure boat traffic overhead.

Directions: go to Port Moody on 7A (Barnet Hwy, called St. Johns St.
in Port Moody) and north onto Ioco Rd. After a couple of blocks,
follow Ioco Rd. left along the shore for 3 miles. At the Ioco school/
park/ townsite, turn right onto Bedwell Bay Rd. Continue until half
mile past Sasamat Lake. Turn right onto Kelly Avenue and down to
Marine Drive by the water. There is limited parking a short way left
of the intersection.

Very important: everyone please let David Stone or myself know if you are coming or not!

Aside from this there is a bunch of people that want to go diving the following weekend at a secret location on July 16th. I'm just waiting to hear more info regarding it then I can put it out for everybody to join the fun!

Hi. Pls add me to your list if you ever get something going.

Thanks.

So the dive plans for the up comming weekend.

July 16 Gabriola will be a motley crew of divers with varying experience looking for fun and hoping for sun! We're still in discussion with a when and where for a meet time. There is some nice shore diving!

July 17 VT-100 like acid reflux it's back again!!! We (UASBC) just need a few more measurements. It is a cool wreck though if you have never seen it. Arrival plans and directions are the same as previous week.

WreckedDiver:

July 16 Gabriola will be a motley crew of divers with varying experience looking for fun and hoping for sun! We're still in discussion with a when and where for a meet time. There is some nice shore diving!

July 17 VT-100 like acid reflux it's back again!!! We (UASBC) just need a few more measurements. It is a cool wreck though if you have never seen it. Arrival plans and directions are the same as previous week.

im going to phone you i want to come this weekend sorry i couldnt make it last im doing my advanced course

WreckedDiver:

July 16 Gabriola not likely due to changes will be a motley crew of divers with varying experience looking for fun and hoping for sun! We're still in discussion with a when and where for a meet time. There is some nice shore diving!

Ummm, err, hmm

So I'm bad!

I got an email from some divers and they wanted to get wet diving on the other G spot (Galiano) and it's a bit up in the air cause three want to go Sunday and they want to do Bowen instead! I'm doing the VT 100 Sunday for sure, Saturday looks like it's going to the dogs but I'd be up for a dive on Sat as well, but as to where the bathtub is looking more and more likely.

Off topic I tried beach volleyball today what a cool sport! I like it better than ultimate!!! I wonder if we could start two ultimate teams of scuba divers and have an underwater game?!?

ScubaFrogBC:
Anyone interested in diving Whytecliff this evening (July 20th)?

I try to go Wednesdays but to much to do before the wedding right now.

Show up at Great Pacific Diving on Marine in North Van around 5:30. They go every Wednesday for a night dive. Although at this time of year its more of a dusk dive. Free air fills on Wednesdays too!

Tell em 'Tex' sent ya.

Battery:
I try to go Wednesdays but to much to do before the wedding right now.

Show up at Great Pacific Diving on Marine in North Van around 5:30. They go every Wednesday for a night dive. Although at this time of year its more of a dusk dive. Free air fills on Wednesdays too!

Tell em 'Tex' sent ya.

Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a group, and I already get free air.

ScubaFrogBC:
Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a group, and I already get free air.

Not into the group thing? But you can have a swinging good time! I think I was doing something on the evening of the 20th that's what I tell the police anyways...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom