greatest "pranks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
well nowadays they call it hazing but I'd love to see some of the greatest pranks pulled by people in other services..

For us in the Coast Guard it was the typical sailor pranks, mail buoy, bucket of prop wash, keys to the sea chest, DC punch...but then it got creative

at my first small boat station soon after being qualified as a coxswain (small boat driver) we headed out on patrol with a brand new 25' zodiac, first time out of the slip, great boat with all the bells and whistles....so I decide that my crew and I need to stop for lunch at a local eatery...we moor at the public docks and go to lunch, after lunch we head down to the docks to find the brand new boat gone from where we moored it...(picture 3 guys running up and down the docks trying to find the boat, while the keys are still in my gun belt) about 5 minutes into the panic we get a call from the other boat on duty saying that they are on a law enforcement boarding gone really bad and they need us there immediatly, to which I respond on the radio.."we'll be there as soon as we can"..reply comes back, "no we need you right now"...(dead air on the radio) I finally reply.."listen you need to call the local P.D. cause someone stole our boat"....

about 2 minutes pass and we see the other Coast Guard boat come around the corner towing my boat in side tow with them laughing, followed by everyone standing on the pier busting out laughing beacuse they other crew had told them not to say a thing

let's just say payback was a ***** and I'll save that story for the follow up, but at the time all I could pitcure was the BMC chewing my butt for losing his brand new boat...

many more to follow!!!

That's an awesome story! I was a mechanized infantry platoon leader in the major ground war and one day when we were a couple miles north of An-Najaf we found a huge stockpile of RPGs. We called in EOD and they were going to destroy the stockpile with 100 lbs of C4 explosive. A few of the guys in my platoon were sleeping and they moved out all of the other Bradleys from the area as mine was just past the minimum safe distance. A few of my men were awake for the radio call so we crept around to the front of our Bradley and hid just out of sight for the sleeping soldiers and waited for the EOD guys to blow the C4. About 10 minutes after the radio call they finally blew the RPG cache and because of the distance, the sound took a while to get to the guys. By the time the sound of the explosion made it to us, a nice white mushroom cloud had formed. When the sleeping guys awoke from the explosion, they immediately began to retreive their gas masks only to hear us bursting out lauging a few seconds later. What a great prank. Of course, the sleeping guys didn't find it funny at first but the rest of us sure did.

Navy is notorious for pranks I suppose it goes with the months spent out to sea with nothing else better to do.
There is always the usuals that someone falls for; mail bouey watch, batteries for sound powered phones, send someone to find bulkhead (wall) remover,
Then there is the more creative ones.
On my first ship there was this guy that had this sickly snore. One of the guys cured it with a warm hot dog and some whipping cream, use your imagination here.
On the ship our racks (beds) have lockers underneath your matress. Never ever leave this unlocked if you are in your rack, otherwise you are thriced up in your rack or someone lifts up the matress and props it up with you in it, there is no getting out till someone lets you out.
This is just some.

while this isn't a military story, it's stilla good prank we played on someone.

while in college, we were stitting outside betwen classes and one of the girls sitting with us says she's going to the auto parts store. Well we knew she didn't know anything about cars so we asked her why? she said her father told her he'd change her oil if she go get everything, and he had written her a list out.

So as she's leaving, she asks if anyone needs anything from there. I said yes. I need some power antenna fluid, thinking she would realize I was joking. Well she didn't. Her reply was "what kind?". So we told her in the store where to find it and then one of the guys goes "you drive a forgein car, it'll be back behind the counter where all the other forgein car parts are..." ah.... he was right we said and wrote her down the make, model, and year of my car and off she went.

Well when she came back... you could tell she was pissed before she ever got near us. You know how you can tell a woman is pissed by the way she walks? well she was walking just like that!.

She came up to us and sure ennough she was ticked'. She had gone to the store and waited in line at the counter as it was crowded during lunchtime. She asked the guy at the counter for some "power antenna fluid" and gave him the paper with the make and model of the car. He has to loudly and jokingly ask one of his co-workers if they had any and where the kept it. Of course all the other customers heard him and they all started to chuckle and laugh. Well she still didn't get it and they had to explain to her that there was no such thing as "power antenna fluid" with everyone in line to get parts from the counter laughing behind her.

She told us this story, still pissed at us, and we were just all rolling laughing.

I only wish I could have been there to see it all.

The rookie corpman who was sent hither and yon around Jacksonville Naval Hospital looking for sterile Fallopian tubes - size 12 french...

Paul in VT

Beware of pranks played on women. I once said something at which a woman in the office took umbrage. It turned out she was in charge of orchestrating a move in the office. When the offiice moved to a new location two weeks later, she left me behind. Things went downhill after that. ... That was nineteen years ago. Now she keeps asking why I need so many scuba tanks and complains about having to sit on the boat as a tender while our son and I are diving.

Ok so the payback to my inital story wasn't quite as good as the prank pulled on me..but we tried

We waited until the other boat crew went out on patrol one fine afternoon and then we struck, we headed into the other crews duty room and began taking everything, beds, bed frames, dressers, posters, clothes uniforms you name it we took it (kinda like the grinch scene where he even steals the last can of who hash)

so we carry everything out to the back fields behind the station and start re-assembling their room exactly like it was inside, posters hung up on trees, even strung up a clothesline between two trees to make their "locker"

when everything was perfect I decided that it needed that extra touch to enforce my Italian heritage, so I took the head off of a deer archery target that we had there and placed it in one of the guys beds...

This went back and forth all summer between the two crews making it one of the most enjoyable summers I remember, even the Chief couldn't wait to see what the next prank was going to be, nobody ever got hurt and nobody ever got offended and those two crews worked smoother with each other than any other I have served with...

First day of Air Force basic, 1976.
We had all just recieved out hair cuts, BDU's and were all sitting on the floor in the day room. TI says we can all relax now, so we can discuss recreational activities.
He asks, "who in here has the highest bowling score?"
One guy says, "SIR, 150 SIR!"
Another says, "SIR, 160 SIR!", and on and on.
He finally points to the guy with the 160 bowling score and proclaims him to be "Captain of the bowling team".
He tells him to stand up, along with some of the other high scorers, and shouts, "FOLLOW ME!"
The TI leads them all into the head, and says "BOWLING TEAM! THESE ARE YOUR BOWLS! THEY WILL BE CLEAN ENOUGH TO EAT OUT OF BY 0630 EVERY MORNING!"

Of course, I made the mistake of laughing, and ended up with lots of running to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom