Green River Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puddle_Pirate

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today?

I have a Question, I have this knife a Subaqua Green River knife with sheath, this knifes sheath is not the best one in terms of attaching to us, i can't put it on my leg.

The only place i see that i can attach it is to my BCD.I have this BCD
SEAC SMART BCD

thb_ficha_9455.jpg

And the only way I see i can attach it is with a stainless steel small "rig" like this one to the whole of the sheath to the top right side of the vest, on the cordura strap.

cover-manilha-reta-leve-com-pino-roscado-2b4579598f.jpg

thb_ficha_3781.jpg

I would use the knife inverted witch is easier to draw and attach.

And the knife it self would be hold by this, witch is attached to the D ring right beneath the cordura strap.
would clamp it to the D Ring and the part of the knot would slide right on the thinner part of the knife handle so i never loose it and also prevents the knife and sheath from dangling when i'm horizontally.
thb_ficha_8962.jpg

What do you guys think? Is this the best option or would you suggest other?

Take care and safe dives

couldn't find any sheath like that for this knife lenghth, and I don't know if it would be practical to use in the waist or safe,
And I would prefer to use it upside down, easier to draw and sheath it back.

thb_ficha_3924-1.jpg

I used one for spearfishing, great for chumming and absolutely destroys rope. The black scabbard it comes with is rubbish and mine failed very early

If you wear a Drysuit, because of the bcd you have, put it in your Drysuit pocket.

If you don’t have a Drysuit, pocket on bcd again.

Shouldn’t have a knife as big as that one, you don’t need them unless you’re a commercial diver maybe you could justify it then. Compensating for something?

On your lp inflator but it would get very bulky.

I used one for spearfishing, great for chumming and absolutely destroys rope. The black scabbard it comes with is rubbish and mine failed very early
Mine didn't come with the sheath i had to buy it, that sheath is the one that belongs to this knife, couldn't find another!

If you wear a Drysuit, because of the bcd you have, put it in your Drysuit pocket.

If you don’t have a Drysuit, pocket on bcd again.

Shouldn’t have a knife as big as that one, you don’t need them unless you’re a commercial diver maybe you could justify it then. Compensating for something?

On your lp inflator but it would get very bulky.

Here on our coast, the ship wrecks have allootttt of lines, traps, thick nets tangled in them, and most fishermen here don't respect our signal diving flags buoy...so i decided to acquire this knife, a knife that if i get tangled in a net, rope or such, i know it will cut right through. Not compensating for anything....just being prepared!

I was only joking about compensation...

You only need a small knife that’s very sharp, not a big knife.

I use a really sharp small victorinox knife which cost 5€ and I grinned it down with an angle grinder. You have to buy a threaded sheath though to make it stick in.

This is a parody, right? Please forgive me if I'm wrong. Sometimes I don't properly understand things.

I was only joking about compensation...

You only need a small knife that’s very sharp, not a big knife.

I use a really sharp small victorinox knife which cost 5€ and I grinned it down with an angle grinder. You have to buy a threaded sheath though to make it stick in.

I think i will try and find some cordura fabric to make a sheath for it, so i can attach it to the leg/thigh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom