Green woman in your ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So, I was paging through my August 2018 edition of Scuba Diving Magazine and turned to page 11. My wife asks me why is that woman green? I wonder the very same thing, why is the woman in the Teric ad green? It's actually pretty creepy.

OK , fine. Creeps my wife out, I just find it bizarre. They need to do this?

Thanks, @Joneill . For a couple of years now, we have been using mythical characters in our ads. If you recall, our Perdix AI character is a mermaid with a not-so-happy expression on her face. Her expression is in response to the diver invading her space. The Petrel character was a rebreather diver on the moon. We aim to do disruptive ads that call attention and stand out. Our choice of model for Terica had this captivating eyes and an intense look. When we made the photo shoot our direction was to give us "the look". In the end, it's the kind of ad that makes the reader stop and notice it, like it did with you and your wife.

fJqCD14KOi74fo5FfVQRNiAhf0NqviAkdCoX6v3EQ9v5lqoDGLpRCFS0BZ5jy-svCbw-Ntsx_KMQ4-_-8=w1340-h1005-no.jpg

Wow, less than a hour of posting right from the horses mouth! How cool is that! There must have been some Russian collusion though :wink:

I think the theme of the ads is cool. Keep up the out of the box advertising shearwater
Agreed - some people like boring ads that just show pictures of gear and specs, I guess?

BTW, my brother-in-law and I dove with our Terics in Grand Cayman last week and were the hit of every dive Op, Boat and dive shop we were at.

A huge number of divers and DM’s/crew wanted to see our Terics. A few folks even asked if it would be OK if they swam up to view it underwater during dives... lol. Everyone loved the form factor and display/readability.

They also both worked flawlessly and battery life is great. I wore it as a watch all day and topped it off every other day (it was never under 35%) - lasts way longer than my iPhone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom