Greetings from Jax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcalo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I am native Floridian, moved to Iowa a long time ago. Spent 8 years in the U.S. Army, ETS'd end of 2011 and started working IT. Decided to get certified back in 2016 by a great dive shop in Iowa where I completed my advanced diver for NAUI and open water for SEI. I have completed 15 dives at mermet springs in Illinois and 1 unofficial shark dive at the Florida aquarium. I am currently working on a bachelor's degree in cyber security which has sucked up a lot of my time but looking to branch out and make some friends and learn to dive the ocean when I have time away from classes.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Marcalo. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

howdy and welcome from your southeast florida neighbor....the ocean will be there when your ready.

Hello all,

I am native Floridian, moved to Iowa a long time ago. Spent 8 years in the U.S. Army, ETS'd end of 2011 and started working IT. Decided to get certified back in 2016 by a great dive shop in Iowa where I completed my advanced diver for NAUI and open water for SEI. I have completed 15 dives at mermet springs in Illinois and 1 unofficial shark dive at the Florida aquarium. I am currently working on a bachelor's degree in cyber security which has sucked up a lot of my time but looking to branch out and make some friends and learn to dive the ocean when I have time away from classes.

Hey Marcalo, I am also a native Floridian living in Jax (been in jax most of my life). I'm finishing up my AOW with PADI, let me know if you ever want to go diving.

Interestingly enough, I have been traveling to Jax since 2003 to see 2 of my kids that live there but I have never dive there! Been to most of the fresh water springs and boat dive off West Palm beach.

Here in a few year I plan on retiring and moving down there. What actual dive spots are there or somewhat off shore for Jacksonville?

Jeff

There are some good wrecks to dive off St Augustine but for shore diving I have not heard of anything. The closest I have heard of is BHB blue heron bridge?

Welcome, im new to this form as well and currently live in the jax area and looking for a buddy to dive with. Feel free to reach out. Im looking to do off shore or day trips to the springs

A buddy and I are an hour north of Jax near Folkston, GA. We haven't really heard of any decent diving near Jax.
Is there some?

Back
Top Bottom