• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Greetings from Kansas

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greets' started by P. Johnny, Jul 12, 2019.

1. P. Johnny

P. Johnny Angel Fish

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Will do - Will look up the shop while I am down there, for future dives.

2. P. Johnny

P. Johnny Angel Fish

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Yep, my wife did that drive for a couple of years while going to school too. I work in Gardner, so I have not heard of any quarries, but it may now be the Gardner lake? I will have to ask around here at work to see if any long timers have heard of the place.

3. jormar1990

jormar1990 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    If you find this map, I would be very interested in seeing it

4. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Solo Diver

Found the hand sketched map. This is from the days long before internet, GPS, etc. Spent a little time deciphering the map with satellite images. Add in a little memory of nearly 30 years ago. Doesn't happen that it has been closed for 20+years.
    For Scuba Only. 1914 W 24th st. Lawrence, KS But that isn't the location, guessing the place that owned it. Pretty sure the place is here.

5. azstinger11

azstinger11 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Welcome! I was stationed at McConnell in Wichita for about 6 years total (got my open water in a little pond in Wichita). If you get a chance Beaver Lake is actually a fun little dive destination or if you have the cash/time Bonne Terre Mine is highly recommend (note, nothing other than your open water certification is required as it is guided tour along very controlled routes but it's chilly!).