Greetings from Pittsburgh, PA - USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with Scott's scuba in freeport. Great shop, They have a quarry called Crustys that is open in summer near grove city that we dive.

I also head to Crusty's a few times each year. It is a nice place to get in the water and see various boats, cars, random stuff and a plane. They have a mini-dive shop on site, air fills, gear rental, changing rooms, and a portapotty.
Crusty's

I also head to Crusty's a few times each year. It is a nice place to get in the water and see various boats, cars, random stuff and a plane. They have a mini-dive shop on site, air fills, gear rental, changing rooms, and a portapotty.
Crusty's

The fresh water jelly fish iin late season are cool to see too.

Crusty's just announced that they are no longer directly part of the Scott's Scuba dive shop and open to everyone now. They are also expanding their hours.
Crusty's Quarry

Here are the rules I got from Moraine State Park:

Scuba diving is permitted in approved areas of Moraine State Park. Park management may restrict diving because of safety or potential user group conflict.

All recreational scuba divers must be certified by an approved agency. (NAUI, PADI,SSI,YMCA, etc.)

Dive flag must be shown at all times while in the water.

Diving at night is not permitted. Diving under the ice is not permitted.

Diving is not permitted in designated swim areas, docking or mooring areas.

Diving is not permitted within 300’ of dams, towers, intakes or structures thereof. Diving alone is not permitted.

Divers must initially register at the park office where you must provide proof of certification. The office must be notified prior to each dive. You will need to provide the location where you will be diving and a the time frame of your dive. Please notify the park office after each dive.

Back
Top Bottom